Sony KP-46WT500 Convergence Repair

457 posts / 0 new
Last post
bls4life
i have a sony kp-46wt500, and

i have a sony kp-46wt500, and the picture is bowing in at the top and bottom, also the colors are misaligned but the center of the picture is clear and aligned. all info i have found is leading me to believe its the convergence chips but i would like another opinion. all help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

evil
If your picture looks bowed

If your picture looks bowed or 3d you have a convergence issue. You can pick up a complete repair kit From the website below.

gregparkman
I JUST RECEIVED MY REPAIRKIT

I JUST RECEIVED MY REPAIRKIT YESTERDAY FOR MY SONY KP-46WT500 AND THERE WAS NO INSTRUCTIONS OR PHOTOS IVE ALLREADY PAY 80 DOLLARAS AND I DONT WANT TO PAY AGAIN COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT I DONT HAVE THE KNOWAGE TO EVEN HARDLY TAKE THE BACK OFF THE SET. IF YOU COULD E MAIL ME OR CALL ME AT 503 268 3638 ASAP I WILL BE HAPPY

evil
The instructions are on the

The instructions are on the back of a piece of paper. It will give you a web address to go to so you can view the instructions. This is why it also has a different piece of paper that explains that you should check the entire contents of the package. You can not fix your television from your couch with the remote... If you are not very capable then please take the parts and the tv or the board/s to a professional.

JIM346
have model KP-46WT500 tv

have model KP-46WT500 tv turns blue then shuts off need manual how to fix

cycloneracer
Hi Larry,
Hi Larry, I'm working on one of these Sony KP-46WT500 for a friend and it has the classic symptoms you are describing in the all of these posts with the convergence.  I'm seeing blue shifted to the left at least an inch and all 3 colors are way out of convergence.  All three colors display a massive pincushion bow at the top sometimes. Meaning sometimes when it is turned on the picture is not bowed but the colors are still way out of convergence.  For some reason using the flash focus button causes it to loose the picture until I unplug it, then plug it back in again.  Not sure what's going on there unless it's so far out of convergence it just gives up.  Anyway, I replace both convergence ICs and it did not change a thing.  The + - 24 volts is present on the power pins of both ICs and the resistors all check out OK.  I need the schematic to scope the thing. Could you send a link for it?  I am a certified electronic tech with over 30 years of experience in TV and know what I am doing.  I use to work at Panasonic in the 80ies and those projections TV were a lot simpler.  I'm just not familiar with this model and it's issues.  Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Pages

Connect With Techlore