Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
eporter34
Larry, I'm having this

Larry, I'm having this problem AGAIN with my Mitsubishi WS-65869. I e-mailed you back on April 8, 2010 asking you to please e-mail me the file which has helped so many others. You did e-mail me the file, I did replace the capacitors, and it did work wonderfully, for about 2 months. The power went out again a couple of days ago and now I'm stuck with this problem again. So, once again, could you please e-mail me the file and if you've got any other ideas which would help, I'd greatly appreciate them. I'm very greatful for your help with saving myself a few hundred dollars, but I'd also like to find a way to prevent this from happening every couple of months or so. Thanks in advance for any and all help that you can provide me.

Thanks,

Erik

[email protected]

ATR-2
Can someone tell me where to

Can someone tell me where to get resistors R5A46, 36, 37 type? (R-metal-P-3watt 150J)
Also when I test these I get .1 or .0 on meter for 150ohms, 3.3K tests 1.76. 3.9k tests 1.76. I think they are bad? Can someone help me..

tvindivo
Larry D.....cud u send

Larry D.....cud u send anything you have for the repairs.....I also have the blinking green light but replaced the 4 capacitors on the DM last year.....any help would be awesome....thanks.......

[email protected]

Tman
I too have the same problem..

I too have the same problem...
But before it went out the colors would miss align alittle for a minute or two and then fine again for hours....HELP....I need the fis file PLEASE
ws-65711
Trevis
[email protected]

Mike Knoop
This is the first result in

This is the first result in google for "65711 Blinking Green Light". I found this solution on another forum, but it worked for me.

I had the standard Blinking Green Light where the front green light would blink for approx 60-70 seconds then turn off. I replaced the DM board entirely and it did not solve the problem. I found these directions and they have solved my problem!

SOLUTION ----------

I finally got my TV to work but changing the capacitors and thermal sensor didn't do the trick. I figured out the whole problem after reading a Mitsubishi tech manual.

The Problem:
Mits DLP TV has two microprocessors, PC and DM, that communicate with each other. Normally when the TV powers up the DM processor is waiting for a request from the PC processor and communication is established. After a power surge, the boards may lose communication with each other. Each processor sends out a request and waits for a response from the other processor, bad idea. The problem is each board is waiting for a response at the same time. Microprocessors canÂ’t receive a request when it sending a request. So either processor get the request cause they both sending out a request at the same time then listen at the same time. If the processors donÂ’t get a response, they reset each other, even worse idea. The reset put the processors right back where they started. This is why the front reset button does not work. THE MICROPROCESSORS HAVE A TIMING CYCLE PROBLEM WHICH IS COMMON IN DIGITAL CIRCUITS AFTER A POWER SURGE OR BAD SHUTDOWN, WHICH IS WHY THIS AFFECTS SO MANY DIFFERENT MODELS. Mitsubishi should of never allowed both microprocessors the ability to reset the other. Only one processor should be able to reset the other and the other processor should always be waiting for a request after communication loss.

The Solution:
1. Power the TV on and wait for the blinking green light to stop.
2. Press input and menu at the same time and make sure you have error code 12
If you donÂ’t get this error code you have a different problem.
3. Press all the front panel buttons on the TV one at a time, except the reset button and power button.
This sends a system command to one of the processors and interrupts the processors from waiting for a response. After the processor is done with the system command request, it sends a request to the other processor that is waiting.
4. Hit the power button on the TV and it should fire up.
If it doesnÂ’t work repeat step 3 and 4 several times. When the processor was done with the system command request, it sent a request to the other processor but the other processor was sending a request too. The trick is to get the processors off the same timing pattern. If after several times it didnÂ’t work you probably need to replace the caps since the power surge burned them out.

Misc:
Some people change their caps and get the TV to work and some donÂ’t. The microprocessors continue to be hung up after you unplug the TV because the caps act as batteries. The microprocessors still have a timing problem because the processors never stop working. These microprocessors are low power which means these caps can keep them powered up for days. This is why some people get their TV to work after days of sitting in the corner, unplugged. If you remove good caps from the DM board, the TV might fire up because you removed the processors power supply on the DM board and they are on the correct timing cycle after you changed them.
If you have a power surge and it burns out your caps you get the blinking green light of death. If it didnÂ’t burn them out, then you get a timing problem and you get the same blinking green light of death. Therefore, the blinking green light of death can be cause by a timing problem or bad caps or both.

FYI:
Put the TV in low energy mode. This allows the DM processor to shut off when the TV is off. During power up, the DM processor has to wait for a signal from the PC processor. After a power surge, the processors wonÂ’t care if they lost communication cause the DM processor has to power up from scratch and wait for the PC processor. This should fix any future blinking green light of death.

Good Luck,
Will
Mizzou Engineering Graduate

END SOLUTION ---------------

By the way, to find out what error code your TV is getting, unplug it, then plug it back in. You should be getting the blinking green light at this point. Now, press and hold the "DEVICE" and "MENU" button for 5 seconds. The LED will now blink in a sequence which indicates your error code (it repeats the error code several times).

Also one final note, all of the above worked on my model 65711 TV.

Good luck!

Mike

Sergio M
Larry-

Larry-
I too have the green blinking light..I own a wd-73733

email: [email protected]

Nicky B
Hi, I own the WS-65711 rear

Hi, I own the WS-65711 rear projector tv with this problem. Could you please send me the text file on how to fix the "green blinking light" problem I am having with my set? I heard about changing the capacitors but wasnt sure how to exactly do it. Thanks

gundamwangel
I also have the same problem

I also have the same problem and TV as Nicky B and was wondering if I could get the text file as well please. I have tried leaving it unplugged for over 24 hours and resetting with no luck. Thank you

dvh
Larry, we see you are the

Larry, we see you are the expert on the green blinking light!
Pls help by emailing all you may have on the fix for mitubishi WS55813 asap.
Ours wont stop blinking green
Thank you
David H

caochbill
Larry,

Larry,
I too had the blinking green light on my mits ws-65513. I read the threads and tried the hair dryer. It worked but I am afraid it is only a temp fix. Would you mind sending the docs so I can replace the caps? By the way, why does the hair dryer work anyway?

msbs14
My ws-65711 rear projection

My ws-65711 rear projection has the blinking green light problem when it is plugged in, if you could send me that repair guide at [email protected] I would appreciate it. I see lots of good responses

agrawalr
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

Looks like I have the same issue, but YEARS after everybody else! My model number is WS-65713. If you see this message, could you send me the documentation also? My email address is [email protected]

Thank you very much in advance!

Rishi

gmoney10
Hi, Larry

Hi, Larry

I, too am having a blinking green light of death. I've been reading the forum and have already gotten the back off my set and started nosing around looking for any visibly blown caps. So far, this is the only inconsistency that I can find: If this seems consistent with your article on replacing the DM board or anything else you find releveant, would you please send it to me? Thanks for your expertise!

[email protected]

MitsubishiLemons
Class Action Lawsuit against

Class Action Lawsuit against Mitsubishi regarding these issues with their TV's. Read below......
If interested please post your email and will contact you.
I am not a lawyer but the owner of a Mitsubishi TV that has the green blinking light and am extremely upset that Mitsubishi has done nothing regarding the hundreds and hundreds of people who have the exact same problem.
I am interested in an effort to force Mitsubishi to fix the problems with these TV's.

MitsubishiLemons
Spend alot of money on you

Spend alot of money on you Mitsubishi TV? Now its not working, its junk? I am also the not proud owner of a Mitsubishi with the green blinking light of death and am very upset after spending $3700.00 a little over 5 years ago and 2 new boards it still doesnt work. After reading all these posts, MItsubishi can't tell me they didnt know about this problem all along and should have issued a recall??? I am trying to pursue a class action lawsuit against Mitsubishi, if interested, Leave your email here and will contact. thanks! If we band together maybe we can make them do something to make it right!!!

MitsubishiLemons
Join the Facebook page in

Join the Facebook page in support of Mitsubishi placing a recall on TV's!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-blinking-light-of-death-Thanks-Mitsu...

Brhall001
I Need help with a Mitisubish

I Need help with a Mitisubish W5-65711 the tv will not turn on. I have unpluged it and get the flashing green lights then the light goes off. when I try and turn the tv on you here a click and the green light blinks and then the ty turns it's self back off. I have tried the reset button and unpluging it. When it went off I was watching the tv, the screen turned a little yellow then boom turn it's self off. Any Help please?

ARTIST40
What's up with this

What's up with this Mitsubishi TV model # WD-52725?????
I see too many posts with the blinking green light issue! Could this be a manufacturer's defect??? I think so...... We have hardly used this TV over the last 5 years and have a $100 surge protector attached to it. The TV will not turn on despite having it unplugged for days! The light refuses to turn off. I would like to attempt to do the repairs myself, can you send the instruction file to [email protected].
I can't imagine it would be worth paying a tech when current HD TV's are so reasonable......

Glenelvis
I felt the same way it

I felt the same way it happened to us soon after we first got it in 2003 possibly due to over heating then it happened again two years later I put a fan and thermometer at the back and that helped and teh extended 5 year warranty paid for itself but then it happened a few months ago in 2010 after the warranty just excited over two years ago. I knew the DM board itself would cost $1000 + labor.

I finally found this site and the instructions to buy the Green Blinking Light kit and was reluctant at first but I am glad that I did. It seems a number of things could go wrong besides the 5-7 caps but that did it for me. It could also be Convergence and Power supply etc.

I just got a good soldering kit and put them in thinking it would not make a difference but by God it did make a difference and my TV now works. Turns out it wasn't even a Pico fuse just the caps that needed replacement. For those of you wondering if this is a scam its definately worth trying it for under $30 you have not that much to lose !

ARTIST40
Glenelvis said: I felt the

Glenelvis said: I felt the same way it happened to us soon after we first got it in 2003 possibly due to over heating then it happened again two years later I put a fan and thermometer at the back and that helped and teh extended 5 year warranty paid for itself but then it happened a few months ago in 2010 after the warranty just excited over two years ago. I knew the DM board itself would cost $1000 + labor. I finally found this site and the instructions to buy the Green Blinking Light kit and was reluctant at first but I am glad that I did. It seems a number of things could go wrong besides the 5-7 caps but that did it for me. It could also be Convergence and Power supply etc. I just got a good soldering kit and put them in thinking it would not make a difference but by God it did make a difference and my TV now works. Turns out it wasn't even a Pico fuse just the caps that needed replacement. For those of you wondering if this is a scam its definately worth trying it for under $30 you have not that much to lose !

Thanks for the tip! Where do I find the "Green Blinking Light Kit" ?

Glenelvis
Sorry I thought you were

Sorry I thought you were following this thread it's mentioned in many place where where you can get these parts. Here is the website:

http://www.tvrepairkits.com/

You might also want to run the error codes dianostics mentioned in here too will help you determine what the problem is. You can either get the kit or get the equivalent caps that they use.

lkmcdermott
Larry-I too have the blinking

Larry-I too have the blinking green light of death on a Mitsubishi WD 52725---Looking to save the 1000.00 dollars on repairs---I'm willing to try to to repair that is discussed above. Can you furnish me with any repair data-- I would be very [email protected] -- Lee

Marcia R
I also Have a Mitsubishi TV

I also Have a Mitsubishi TV Model HDTV 1080 integrated and have the green blinking light. Could you be so kind as to send me the instructions for soldering and replacing the capacitors please? My e-mail address is: [email protected] Thanks! Marcia

Eric U
I have the same blinking

I have the same blinking light. Can you send the fix for this
thanks

Myron Smith
I have a 65-909 with the same

I have a 65-909 with the same problem.

Can you please send me the material to repair mine.

Thanks,

[email protected]

nfusee
Hello have the same problem

Hello have the same problem with the ws55813...can you send me the instructions as [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Myron Smith
Thanks,

Thanks,
I have replaced the capacitors and my TV is back to working.
Thanks

Keitho1
Hi. My TV is currently

Hi. My TV is currently working, but failed in the past with the same 'blinking green light' symptom. I found a tech who fixed it for the bargain rate of $700 (as opposed to $1100 quotes). After he replaced the module, he told me that he knew what the problem was - leaky caps on the board - but he couldn't replace them because Mitsubishi wouldn't take the old one in exchange if he did.
In expectation of it happening again, I'd like to have a copy of your instructions, please.

Thanks,
Keith

Glenelvis
you probably need new caps on

you probably need new caps on the DM power board it can be got at TVrepairkits.com

Terry T.
Like Larry stated earlier,

Like Larry stated earlier, the DM board replacement fixes about 65% of these problems. On my WD-62837, they had to replace the E2P board--a process whereby the repair center must send the board back to Mitsubishi in California to be rebuilt and then re-issued for installation. The E2P rebuild and subsequent installation can take up to EIGHT WEEKS--Mits is slow to rebuild the part (a 4-6 week process in and of itself). The cost: approximately $1,000. If the DM replacement doesn't work and you find yourself contemplating the E2P board, you may want to just consider buying a new television with state of the art technology.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore