Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
I sent both of you a thread

I sent both of you a thread on what to do.

Mitsu Green Light
Thanks Larry, let me try that

Thanks Larry, let me try that out and report back....hopefully, with a good outcome.

Larry Dillon
if you get the right caps you

if you get the right caps you should be good,
Larry Dillon

Kris7
Larry Dillon said: Then you

Larry Dillon said: Then you probably had two problems before you had the blinking light kit Problem? Did you or had the TV set ever shut off all by itself or had a 3-D effect on the screen? before the blinking light problem? I am sure you have tried to turn on the set after the light stops flashing? also the blinking is suppose to blink when first plugged in for about a minute or so then goes out and is a normal function of this set. If you hear a small Click from the back of the set when you hit the power button but the set does not come on MOST LIKELY the convergence IC'S are bad. A very common Fault for this to occur with these sets. Larry Dillon

Hello Larry, I have changed 7 Caps on DM board - didn't solved my problem. When I hit the power switch on, I hear a click and green light blinks for about a minute and goes off - but no picture. You mentioned convergence ICs may be bad. How do I change those. Please please help me on how do I locate and change the bad convergence ICs on my 65711. Thx a lot. [email protected]

snapdaddy
larry can you send me the

larry can you send me the rapair instrucions and file to fix the blinking light on my mitsubishi ws65869 big screen thanks snapdaddy

Larry Dillon
sure thing information on its

sure thing information on its way man!!!!

realn8r
Wow, I hope this is the

Wow, I hope this is the solution for my WS-65711 as well as I'm discovering this link 8 months later!

I paid $800 to have this repaired a couple of years ago, and am not about to pay that again.

Please email me the solution as well to [email protected]

Thanks !!

hondarider2fast4u
can you please email me the

can you please email me the diagrams and info to take the board out and fix my blinking green light. Thank You very much

cbarnett55
Larry, I am having the same

Larry, I am having the same blicking green light problem on my mitsubishi big screen . Could you send me the file you mention in your post. Thanks a bunch! [email protected]

cbarnett55
Larry Dillon said: This

Larry Dillon said: This problem could be a bad DM board. If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included! Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked. I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad. If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set.. If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech. If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks. If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you. Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with. Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Larry, I am having the same blicking green light problem on my mitsubishi big screen . Could you send me the file you mention in your post. Thanks a bunch! [email protected]

Claff
Just wondering, I have the

Just wondering, I have the blinking green light issue however the tv turns on 90% of the time after about 1 min of blinking. the times it does not turn on unplugging from the wall and then plugging it back in usually fixes the issue. It's been doing this for 2 years now and otherwise works fine. Is it worth trying the repair kit? Is the TV doomed? I'm actually considering just getting rid of the TV and buying a newer HD. (not sure if I could get much by selling the current TV). I have the WS-48513.

Any advice appreciated.

Larry Dillon
yes it is as this model will

yes it is as this model will eventually blow out the DM if you do not repair it soon and the big problem is that the DM for this model is no longer available from Mitsubishi The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!! if you were close to northern Michigan I would buy it as this set once all the kinks are worked out is a pretty good set
Larry Dillon

hm
I have a tv model ws 65711

I have a tv model ws 65711 and I only get a blue screen. what could be wrong with it

redvr4
Hi, I have the same issue

Hi, I have the same issue with a 65513. Please send the file if it will help.
Thanks!!!

Larry Dillon
redvr4, I need an e-mail

redvr4, I need an e-mail Address to send you any repair information!!!
Larry Dillon

Larry Dillon
I need an e-mail address to

I need an e-mail address to send you any information please.

Amaz
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I was wondering if you could also send me that info on doing the repair on the convergence unit. I have a e-d effect with a dominant green light, there is a clicking in the back of the Television when I power it off and I've attempted to restore all factory settings and still no luck,

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks very much

[email protected]

ppvo
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
This problem could be a bad DM board.  If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included!  Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked.  I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set..  If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech.  If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks.  If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you.  Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with.  Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Larry,

I need your help send me the instruction how to fix it. I really appreciate your help anf thank again.

ppvo
Larry,

Larry,
I need your help, Please send me the instruction how to fix the light plashing problem I really appreciate your help and thank you in advance. My email is [email protected]

Larry Neathery
I have a model WS-55511 and

I have a model WS-55511 and after a power outage today have the green blinking light. I would appreciate getting the information to replace the capacitors mentioned in this thread. I have a son-in-law who can do the soldering.

Thank you

mr.smith
Hi, Same problem here too

Hi, Same problem here too with WS65869. Could you please send file to me also. Thank you!! [email protected]

stevedlphelp
looking for the file to fix

looking for the file to fix the dm board on a mitsu dlp can you please send? Thanks.

stevedlphelp
can you please sent the dm

can you please sent the dm board file for a mitsu dlp with a blinking green light, thanks

Larry Dillon
that model number you sent is

that model number you sent is NOT a dlp model number!!!!! please be more specific with your request.
Larry D

AdamK
Larry, Can you email the

Larry, Can you email the information file. I have a WD-62725 that started the BGLOD when I unplugged the TV to plug it into a UPS.

Adam
Compfool at gmail.com

Carlton22
Larry i too have an issue

Larry i too have an issue with my tv with the green blinking light. If you could send me those documents i would greatly appreciate it. My email is [email protected]. Thank you for all your help. My tv model # is WS-65511

rblyons
Larry, they just keep coming.

Larry, they just keep coming. I thought I'd mastered the reset tapping sequence, but it failed to work this time--sort of like trying to guide your bowling ball with body movements. Please help me with info to fix a Mitsubishi WD52725 that I purchased 5 years ago from Tweeter, with a now worthless extended warranty. Lucky me. Thanks in advance for your help.

Larry Dillon
I AM going to START IGNORING

I AM going to START IGNORING POST!!!-- WHEN THEY ARE posted on the wrong threads as by now there are for sure others with the same model number's and that is just lazybones as please only post the models under the proper thread. u think I am being harsh!!!!??? YOU TRY TO GET the info right and make everyone happy with all these different post THAT ARE PLAIN WRONG due to not wanting to look up the right model number of your set. lazy bones look at the model listed on the top of the thread here(WS65711) and the model number you listed here (WD52725) seriously were you in a hurry or jusy did not care??? and if you looked around enough you would have found ALL of the repair info and Data here on the threads or in the techlores technician corner(Hint Hint)or even the same repair docs I send to folks but due to people wanting the info so bad for free they want me to do all of the wortk for them, hey great idea, you want repair info that is already posted you will need to pay for my time please!!!!
Sincerely yours
Larry Dillon

AdamK
Seriously, Calm down. I did

Seriously, Calm down. I did not see that you only have info for the WD-xx711 and that it would ONLY work for that model. This thread came up in my search for the 725 and I suspect it did for rblyons as well. You could have been a little more cordial in letting us laymen know.

Thank you

Larry Dillon
OK taken with a spoon of

OK taken with a spoon of surger thanks for the reply.I am just so busy here and no one gives a crap as all I hear are complaints!!!! from those who ask for help!!! how cordial as you put it should I be!!!! and when they are not even paying for the information like so many others are doing now a days not that I AM REALLY SAYING I am going to quit my services!!! Maybe? I owe you a sorry about calling you a lazy bones what I want to call all those who want info when it is already available if they had of looked around a little and by the time they would have finished the request for info giving me wrong info, you/they could have downloaded it already from the files we have available here at techlore and for free!!!!!!
LARRY DILLON
AKA TECHMAN

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore