Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kris7
Has anyone tried any next

Has anyone tried any next steps or have any suggestions in case if this issue is not fixed by changing Caps for 65711? Please help!

Spatialfear
Same issue w ws-65711. turns

Same issue w ws-65711. turns on for 3 seconds then turns off...please asist and I read the other posts and have spread the word about this website of [email protected] or gmail or hotmail...can u send the needed files and may God increase da knowledge 10 fold upon u...take care.

Mitsu Green Light
Larry, seems your the Go To

Larry, seems your the Go To man for advice on our Mistubishi WS-65611. Could you plese email me your step by step green light of death recovery program. Having had the TV built into our wall....and having put maybe 200 hours on it since its purchase...I'd be pretty irritated to have to toss it. Thank you in Advance for your help. ([email protected])

Regards

Ajay

tracker77
I too have the WS-65711. I

I too have the WS-65711. I now have experienced the third occurrence of the green light problem. The first two cost me about $600 to fix so you can imagine my frustration with this poorly designed television set. Shame on you Mitsubishi! I am not going to waste any more money on your piece of crap.

Mitsu Green Light

mbmike
hello Larry, I too have the

hello Larry, I too have the WD62725 blinking light problem could you send me the file for the fix , [email protected]

ckbandit
Hello Larry. After 6 years

Hello Larry. After 6 years my WS-65611 has fallen victim to the green light of death. Would you please send me the repair documentation (or link if you have posted it elsewhere)?

Thank you,
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!

ckbandit
I work for a contract circuit

I work for a contract circuit board mfg and would be able to obtain the necessary components. All I would need is the mfg p/n's of the caps as well as reference designators on the bad board. Do you still have the instuctions available?

Thanks in advance,
[email protected]

doityourselfer
Larry,

Larry,

Two years later and this thread lives on :-)

I have a WS65909 that started the blinking light as described here.

Your fix worked perfectly.

After replacing the 7 16vlt caps with 35vlt high-temp caps as you recommend (1000, 35v, 105), my set is working properly once again.

Hopefully it's good for a couple more years before it's time for a new set.

You're the man! Thanks again!!

Steve

NofearJT
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WD-62725 and I've got the flashing green light. What do I need to do? You can E-mail me at [email protected] Thanks

Larry Dillon
no I am sorry that model of

no I am sorry that model of set needs to be sent to the manufacturer for an overhaul. contact Mitsubishi or an authorize repair shop for more details.
Larry Dillon

Bing
doityourselfer said:

doityourselfer said:
Larry,
Two years later and this thread lives on :-)
I have a WS65909 that started the blinking light as described here.
Your fix worked perfectly.
After replacing the 7 16vlt caps with 35vlt high-temp caps as you recommend (1000, 35v, 105), my set is working properly once again.
Hopefully it's good for a couple more years before it's time for a new set.
You're the man! Thanks again!!
Steve

Steve,  does it still work?  I'm kinda leary about doing it myself since I heard some other negative news from others who said that it only worked temporarily and they still have issues.  Do you still have the info on how to fix it.  Larry never answered me back.  Thanks.

Bing

WVUap372
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-65711 I have had for over 5 years and never had a problem until the other day. I am now getting the green blinking light. I tried all the trouble shooting to no avail, so I went ahead and ordered the 7 105 degree capacitors needed to replace on the DM.
I have taken the TV apart and removed the DM Board already. The only instructions or how-to I could find was for sets with only 4 capacitors. These new capacitors look pretty big, and almost look like it would be impossible to fit all 7 of the larger capacitors in the spot where the original ones were. Do you have a step by step with pictures on how to place and repair the DM boards with 7 capacitors? Just not sure if I need to make them all flush on the board or bend some over and out of the way so they will fit back in the metal surrounding box.
Thanks

[email protected]

WVUap372
OK, I just finished soldering

OK, I just finished soldering in the new 105 degree capacitors in my WS-65711 and put the DM board back in the TV. I plugged in the TV to see if it worked and unfortunately I am still getting the Green Blinking Light of Death. The good news is the light only blinks for 45 - 50 seconds then stops, which I believe means that the problem is not with the DM Board, so I must have soldered in the new capacitors correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should check next?
Thanks

Larry Dillon
Then you probably had two

Then you probably had two problems before you had the blinking light kit Problem? Did you or had the TV set ever shut off all by itself or had a 3-D effect on the screen? before the blinking light problem? I am sure you have tried to turn on the set after the light stops flashing? also the blinking is suppose to blink when first plugged in for about a minute or so then goes out and is a normal function of this set. If you hear a small Click from the back of the set when you hit the power button but the set does not come on MOST LIKELY the convergence IC'S are bad. A very common Fault for this to occur with these sets.
Larry Dillon

justa
could you send me the files

could you send me the files for the green light effect ws-65711 please

Father and Daughter
Second time with green light

Second time with green light of death with a WS65711. First time I paid the $500 to fix. Found this site so I figured I would give the fix a try. First time using a soldering iron since 8th grade. Did it with my daughter. Installed the 7 capcitors. It worked for about 30 seconds. Of course we were bragging by then. Now the TV works for 30 seconds at a time then resets itself. Any ideas of next steps. Going into trash on Friday if I can't fix.

Larry Dillon
what do you mean by the tv

what do you mean by the tv resets itself?
Larry D

Father and Daughter
TV will have picture for 30

TV will have picture for 30-60 seconds. Poweroff. Green blinking light for 30 seconds. I can then turn the TV on for another 30-60 seconds. Then repeat.

Larry Dillon
is the picture 3-d looking?If

is the picture 3-d looking?If so leave an e=mail please for repair instructions if you want.
Larry Dillon

Father and Daughter
Don't think so but I will

Don't think so but I will take the instructions anyways. I can't do any more damage. [email protected]

Qtone
Larry Dillon said: This

Larry Dillon said: This problem could be a bad DM board.  If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included!  Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked.  I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set..  If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech.  If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks.  If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you.  Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with.  Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Larry, I am having the same blicking green light problem. Could you send me the file you mention in your post. Thanks a bunch! [email protected]

Lefty44
Larry could you send me the

Larry could you send me the same file Qtone is requesting as well please?

[email protected]

Thanks!

Mitsu Green Light
"then you probably had two

"then you probably had two problems before you had the blinking light kit Problem? Did you or had the TV set ever shut off all by itself or had a 3-D effect on the screen? before the blinking light problem? I am sure you have tried to turn on the set after the light stops flashing? also the blinking is suppose to blink when first plugged in for about a minute or so then goes out and is a normal function of this set. If you hear a small Click from the back of the set when you hit the power button but the set does not come on MOST LIKELY the convergence IC'S are bad. A very common Fault for this to occur with these sets.
Larry Dillon"

Larry, same scenario here. Got the kit, did the capacitor replacement and the geen light blinks when turned on for about 30 seconds and then nothing. If I hit the power button, I do not hear a click from the back. I should note that the capacitors I replaced actaully looked brand new....do I have bigger issues? Again, this TV (WS6511)was barely used (a few hundred hours at most).

As for the IC's...is that a part I can change myself or is that a factory thing?

Thanks

Larry Dillon
no yourself and you are

no yourself and you are still at a cost of less than a repair guy cost for an estimate

Mitsu Green Light
Larry, I got a response from

Larry, I got a response from the TVRapiairKit folks stating that perhasp the board is not seated correctly. Although it seems simple enough, a few screws, I'll take it back out and re-seat it. If that does not work, I take it that I can not change the IC's and I'll need to send out the board for the IC's or do I have that wrong.

Thanks

Mitsu Green Light
Sorry, posted the response

Sorry, posted the response twice Smile

Larry Dillon
can you post the response you

can you post the response you got please as that is the wrong response for your model thanks I will take care of it.

mr.bmcwilli
Qtone said:

Qtone said:

Larry Dillon said: This problem could be a bad DM board.  If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included!  Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked.  I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set..  If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech.  If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks.  If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you.  Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with.  Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Larry, I am having the same blicking green light problem. Could you send me the file you mention in your post. Thanks a bunch! [email protected]

Please help--I have this green light monster also---my set is a [email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore