Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Becks2c
Aloha Larry,

Aloha Larry,
My son was watching our Mitsubishi WS-65611 tv and it wouldn't turn off . He unplugged the tv and now it won't turn on and the green light blinks for about 45 seconds and then nothing happens. Do you have any suggestions or solutions?
Thanks,
John

dasquared
John, I'd suggest the "piano

John, I'd suggest the "piano method" Sounds hinky, but worked for me many times when buttons were depressed on the front panel. Go to the front panel, and run your finger back and forth across all buttons 15-20 times fairly rapidy. As it was explained to me, when multiple buttons are pressed and/or stuck, they sometimes freeze any input from buttons or remotes. Having several curious children, fit the possibilities/probabilities, and worked. Any time I have had unresponsive controls, I''ve done this with success. 3, maybe four times? And it even happens when the buttons are disabled on the front panel for some reason. I have a ws65711. run the piano method, reset the system (with the button you need the paperclip for, according to the manual), wait for the blinking to stop, then turn on.

No Look
Hey there Larry..  Great info

Hey there Larry..  Great info.. My 2002 Mits WS-65711 is still going strong, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get the 'blinking green lite' repair info filed away just in case.. And thanks.. 

Larry Dillon
I need an e-mail address to

I need an e-mail address to send you anything! At this point I would certainly replace the seven caps NOW even if the set is working as with this model if one cap gets weak it can kill the entire DM board and they are no longer available!

Renee
Where can u buy a DM board

Where can u buy a DM board from? My email address is [email protected]

Renee
Where can u buy a DM board

Where can u buy a DM board from? My email address is [email protected]

No Look
Sorry Larry, I thought my

Sorry Larry, I thought my email ad was included in the membership files..
That would be hockshootski @ yahoo . com
And you say I'm skating on think ice, eh.. Good thing I checked in on it then..
Yeah, send me anything you have, plans, links to other sites or threads that I should know about, etc, to keep this beast running.. It may only be 1080I, but it's a glorious sixty five inches of 1080I ! Ya gotta luv the free off the air HD on it..
Thanks again for you help.. Great web site..
...mike

Larry Dillon
yes you are as I said before

yes you are as I said before your really should replace the 7 caps. inside the DM before it blows out the DM, an this DM is no longer available

No Look
Will do.. And you will be

Will do.. And you will be sending me the instructional file for the work to be done ?

Larry Dillon
maybe or some links to get

maybe or some links to get the correct parts.

ilanboy
Larry, I have a WS-65711 and

Larry, I have a WS-65711 and I am experiencing convergence issues. The blue is seperating and giving me blue and green ghosts. I would appreciate any help you can provide. Also I do not have the blinking green light yet but I prefer to be prepared. Could you provide that information also.
Thank you very much in advance. My email addr is [email protected].

Guest (not verified)
Hello, I now have this

Hello, I now have this problem as well. WD-62725 will you please send me instruction file about how to take out the DM board and replace the capacitors to address the green blinking light on our Mitsubishi projection television (WD-62725).

I have tried disconnecting the power, resetting the TV by pushing the little buttong with a pen, pushing the power button for a couple of minutes. It has worked before, but this time I can't get it to work. should I turn off TV and keep it off, or try leaving it on and see if it comes back?
my email is: [email protected]

Please help! Thank you,

jaime

Steven Jones (not verified)
Larry,

Larry,

I've got a WS-65711. We were outta and when we got back it would not turn on. After unplugging it (it was on a large monster power protector btw), I get the blinking green light-o-death for about a minute then nothing. Could you please email me your instructions for removing and replacing the caps? Also, does this usually seem to fix it, or would this potentially have killed the board?

Thanks,

John
[email protected]

gopens
Could you please send me the

Could you please send me the links mitsubishi (WD-62825) [email protected]

gopens
Larry, Could you send me the

Larry, Could you send me the links for replacing the caps mitsubishi WD-62825. Victim of the light o death.

Thanks,Nick
[email protected]

deeda1
HELP!!!! I have the WS-65711.

HELP!!!! I have the WS-65711. Blinking light issue too. Can you be so kind and forward those instructions to me.

[email protected].

Thank you

JULIO
MITSUBISHI BIG SCREEN MODELO

MITSUBISHI BIG SCREEN MODELO WS-65711 NO POWER RESOLDER YOKES

Neil5
larry, I have the same

larry, I have the same problem green blinking light on 65865. Could you please send me instructions on how to replace the caps.my email.... [email protected]
Thanks

Chuckecheeze
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

(model ws-65711) A friend of mind told me about this fix and I having a little problem that may help other people.  I was told the ep(?) board (small plugin board about 1" square) located in the same box as the dm board could be bad. I replaced it to no avail.  still no picture.  I checked the caps on the dm board and they had not expanded.  I pulled them anyway and tested with cap meter.  They tested good but read between 900mf and 1000mf (within tolenance).  I deceided to replace them anyway.  I found 6 of 7 of them at radio shack 1000mf at 25v 105c heat.  I tested them with meter.  They tested good.  Since I could not get the 7th cap I decided to use the best one of the old caps.  When I installed and turned on tv, no picture.  Frustated I stated pushing all the buttons in sequence next to the power switch and lo and behold the tv came on and has been working for about 24hrs.  My problem now is the picture at the top of the screen is about 1" shy of the top (bottom is ok) and there is a very slight bow in the picture (about 1/2") on the right side only.  Could this be caused by caps in the dm module?  Any other thoughts?  Also could you email the info you have to me about this fix so I can pass it on?  [email protected].  Sorry for long message and I thank you for any help.

Chuck

Larry Dillon
I have seen only three bad ep

I have seen only three bad ep-2 memory boards cause the set not to come on but never have I had one that caused the green blinking light problem!! Most of the time it is the seven 1000uf@16volt DC that cause this problem you should NEVER EVER use the radio shack caps as they are NOT the high frequency , long life type
Your problem sounds like bad convergence IC'S the Radio shack caps are known to cause the DM to short out and burn up the DM power supply, OR the biggest problem with theses sets is the fact that the set starts to have an intermittent flashing green light and the customer unplugs the set or uses the reset button several times and the set starts to work Continuing to do this does not fix the set!!!Constant resetting only causes the IC'S on the DM to burn out and unfortunately the DM IS no longer available. SO people if the set does these problems once and starts to work, replace the capacitors RIGHT AWAY!!!

Chuckecheeze
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
I have seen only three bad ep-2 memory boards cause the set not to come on but never have I had one that caused the green blinking light problem!! Most of the time it is the seven 1000uf@16volt DC that cause this problem you should NEVER EVER use the radio shack caps as they are NOT the high frequency , long life type
Your problem sounds like bad convergence IC'S the Radio shack caps are known to cause the DM to short out and burn up the DM power supply, OR the biggest problem with theses sets is the fact that the set starts to have an intermittent flashing green light and the customer unplugs the set or uses the reset button several times and the set starts to work Continuing to do this does not fix the set!!!Constant resetting only causes the IC'S on the DM to burn out and unfortunately the DM IS no longer available. SO people if the set does these problems once and starts to work, replace the capacitors RIGHT AWAY!!!

Larry,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had a few follow up questions.  I order from newark elec. and I cannot find any high frequency caps.  Where can you get them and how are they listed. (could not google any high frequency caps).  Concerning my problem with the screen not expanding completely, the convergence ic's in the manual is listed as ic8c01 and ic802 conv. outputs and there is also a pcb-conv-gen.  Which one is probable cause?  Is the convergence going to have to be recalibrated after ic replacement?

Thanks again.

Chuck

Chuckecheeze
I thought I would ask again.

I thought I would ask again.

Larry,

Thanks for the quick
reply.  I had a few follow up questions.  I order from newark elec. and
I cannot find any high frequency caps.  Where can you get them and how
are they listed. (could not google any high frequency caps). 
Concerning my problem with the screen not expanding completely, the
convergence ic's in the manual is listed as ic8c01 and ic802 conv.
outputs and there is also a pcb-conv-gen.  Which one is probable
cause?  Is the convergence going to have to be recalibrated after ic
replacement?

Thanks again.

Chuck

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors(not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full east to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry

deeda1
Larry,

Larry,

I ordered the 7 caps for the tv from tv repairs. I bought the stuff in the instructions. I plug the TV in again, & nada!!! (nothing), same problem, tv doesn't turn on & I still have the green blinking lights. I ordered the extra parts, where do I go from here?

deeda1
I have the 2 Fuse 125V 4

I have the 2 Fuse 125V 4 Amp SMD ( Optional Part) & 1 Voltage Regulator 9Volt Regulator ( Optional Part).

1) I didn't get instructions how to change those.
2) Are there any other things that could be causing the green blinking light?

Larry Dillon
honest question how many

honest question how many times or how long has the TV Set been blinking and you reset the set or unplugged it and the set started to work like if it fixed itself?

deeda1
Honestly, I have not even

Honestly, I have not even tried to reset the TV after changing the capacitors.
Should I try this?

I did however, before I found this website, unplugged it a couple times, & push the reset button a couple times to see if this would make the tv turn back on. It never did. That is when I went online & found this website.

Donovan Hess
Hi Larry !!

Hi Larry !!
I am glad I found this site. I have a WS 65711. The green lite blinks and then goes out, telling me that the reset system should be functioning. However, the set will not turn on using the remote or front panel button. The screen looks terrific normally, telling me the HV is OK. I have the service manual with schematics. I would guess that the problem is in the power-on circuitry in the DM or SIGNAL boards. I am not sure how this works. I respectfully ask your advice. Thank you for a consideration.
Donovan G. Hess
Port Hueneme, CA
805-985-6855

Kris7
I have tried changing all

I have tried changing all Caps on my 65711 DM Board. My problem still persists - when I switch the TV on, green light blinks for a while and goes off but nothing comes on the screen. How do I check if my DM board is OK and if it is OK where else can be the problem? Please help!

docaz
I have the same problem.

I have the same problem. model ws-65711 could anyone send me the instructions and diagram. Thanks.

[email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore