Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
tle1065
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,
I've been waiting for my manual from the guru but still not getting it. My TV model is WD52825G from Mits. Anyway, I called repair center in and they removed the whole module and sent it back to Mits repair center. It failed 3 times after they return after repaired. Only 10 mins ! The same nightmare green blinking light. Now they're giving up and decide to replace my TV. I just don't understand if that simple, why can't Mits repair center fix it (3x!!!). Good luck everyone.

tiashan
Hi - green blinking disaster.

Hi - green blinking disaster. Larry...anyone...could you send me the cap replacement instructions? Thanks. email: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
tle1065, some of these sets

tle1065, some of these sets are not simply repaired by replacing the caps as if this is a problem going on for awhile, the DM does go bad and those are no longer available for this set.

Renee
Hello,

Hello,

I have the Mitsubishi WS-65711 model tv and it went out on me last night. no power light or anything.  I don't even get the blinking light green light. I have a surge protector too. I unpluged the tv and when I plug it back in I can here the electricity to the tv but when I push the power button nothing happens. Tried the reset button as well. Please provide any help as I do not have 800+ to pay a technician

My email is [email protected]

Thank you in advance!!!

pskennedy01
Hi, I have the exact same

Hi, I have the exact same problem. Could you send me the documents to repair our tv? thanks so much!!!! I have the Mitsubishi 65909 HDTV.

pskennedy01
so sorry, patriciakennedy

so sorry, [email protected].

thanks so much!

tle1065
Hello All,

Hello All,
Finally, I called it quit. My Mits went to the museum. The store gave me 1k store credit+tax. I got a new LCD Samsung instead with $700.00 diff. Hopefully with this new set I don't have to see the blinking light again after 4 months tryied to repair it. Good luck everyone.

Pete32
Larry:

Larry:

I have two problems with my WD-52725:

Problem 1 - Hoked up outside air antenna VHF/UHF and scanned air channels picked up analog and digital channels. Digital channels High def and look great for about 3 weeks. One day no digital channels. Re scanned, changed outside antenna no digital channels any longer. Spoke to an online tech and he said power down for a few hours. He said this would reset the system as he felt it was hung up much like a computer and redoing this would reset the digital tuner and all shouls be fine. When I did, it created Problem #2

Problem #2 - Continuous Blinking Green Light..... Reset does not fix, Powering down repeatedly does not fix. I see online all these posts to change out capicators and your post that you have the directions on how to do it. Can you send to me and offer any suggestions to solve my problem #1. Could it be a bad digital tuner and the analog tuner is fine since I was able to pick up analog stations? Are there actually 2 tuners in my TV? Thanks [email protected]

Pete32
Need Help with 2 Problems:

Need Help with 2 Problems:

Problem #1. I installed an outside VHF/UHF antenna so I could cancel cable service. Did so and voila got great digital channels and analog channels for the past 3 weeks. Watched the Masters in full High Def. However the next day I could no longer receive any of the digital channels. Still got analog channels but no digital. Re scanned channels, no luck. Mitsubishi Cust Svcs said I had to scan on Cable NOT Antenna setting which I did but is also the WRONG thing to do. No solution. Installed new antenna and no luck when I rescanned channels. No digital. I am connecting directly to the TV since it has a digital tuner. I know antenna works cuz other TV's with Digital to analog boxes pick up the DTV channels.

Got help form a member on another site who said the tuner may be frozen up like a computer sometimes does so he said to unplug for a few hours. I did and when I returned to my TV his suggestion created my next problem, problem #2

Problem #2 - Blinking Green LIght under tuner will not go off. Hit Reset button few times no luch. Unplugged few times, no luck. I see all the posts telling me that I need to probably replace the capicators on teh DM board. Can someonr please send me the directions, I believe it's Larry on this site that says he has the step by step directions on what to do and how to do it.

Any help on how to solve BOTH problems would be appreciated. Are there acutlly 2 separate tuners on this TV and is it possible one went out all of a sudden or if I replace the capicators on the DM board will that also solve my problem?

Thanks

Jersey Joe

Larry Dillon
JOE Where should I send them

JOE Where should I send them too, and the model of set you have? once you unplug the set you will need to re-scan for the channels

Pete32
Larry: you sent me the info.

Larry: you sent me the info. It's for the Mitsubishi WD-52725 model right?

Thanks for your help

Joe

Larry Dillon
YES it is Joe, I reread the

YES it is Joe, I reread the thread and I seen that you did have the info posted GOOD LUCK.

Pete32
Sent you an e-mail directly.

Sent you an e-mail directly. Little confused at this junction my friend.

Thanks for your help

Larry Dillon
so sm I you first I thought

so sm I you first I thought posted a WSXX525? IS IT A ws65711?because if it is they are completely different monsters

ilene o
I just got the flashing light

I just got the flashing light which will not reset after switching a breaker off accidentally with the tv on. Did some research and got the dm board out and all 7 caps in question look to be visually fine. Should I still replace the caps anyways? Are there any fuses to look for? I did find one small one on a main large board which tested ok with my meter. WS 65909

Larry Dillon
YES even if they look ood you

YES even if they look ood you should replace them all, the fuses you need to check are on the DM board, it is written on the board in yellow lettering where it is.

Pete32
Larry in response to your

Larry in response to your question above. My set is a WD-52725 not a WS model

pskennedy01
My tv came back on after the

My tv came back on after the green light blinked for one entire day. somehow, we got past the boot up process ...thank God! IF you do not fix the DM right away you will burn out the dM!!!

Larry Dillon
REPLACE the seven IC"s in the

REPLACE the seven IC"s in the DM before the DM blows out. THE TV DID NOT FIX ITSELF!!!!

Audeeogeke
Larry, could you send me the

Larry, could you send me the documentation on the replacement of the 7 caps. My WS-55511 Mitsubishi has the blinking light of death.

jmkarasch
Larry Dillon said: This

Larry Dillon said: This problem could be a bad DM board.  If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included!  Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked.  I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set..  If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech.  If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks.  If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you.  Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with.  Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Hi Larry,

We have a WD52725 with the green blinkling light from a power outage.  It would be gratly appreciated if you would forward your 'fix file'.  Thanks Larry.

John Karasch

[email protected] 

Sheiker
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I posted in another "green blinking light" thread here, but under the wrong model number of the TV.

So I wanted to make sure I corrected myself, and post in the correct thread.

I have a WS-65711, and also have the same issue as everyone else.

The TV will NOT power on, but instead will "green blink" continously for a few minutes or so, and then go out.
The power still does not come on, no matter what I do.

If at all possible, I would love to get the docs and schematics to be able to fix the TV myself...

My email is [email protected]

I really appreicate this!
Thanks!
Scott

wesg
Hello. Also having the green

Hello. Also having the green blinking light of death. Lasted 7 years with HEAVY use, so cant complain to much. Would be great to fix myself and get a few more years. Larry - please send me the "fix" docs.  Thanks, MIts ws65869     [email protected]

Daphnie_Clark
Can you please send me the

Can you please send me the information on how to find and fix the capacitators. I seem to be having the same problem, except there was no temperature change, or power change. It just quit working and the green timer light flashes. Thank you so much.

Daphnie_Clark
[email protected] -

[email protected] - Sorry, and thanks!

Sara Hart
Hello. Like most everyone

Hello. Like most everyone else on this discussion, we too now have the green blinking light of death on our Mitsubishi projection television (WD-62725).

This TV has "recovered" from this in the past, but it is now completely "on the blink" (so the power is off).

Like other posters, we would greatly appreciate it if you (Larry?) could send us the instructional file that shows how to take out the DM board, where to get the parts, and how to replace the capacitors. We understand that this fix doesn't always work, but it is certainly worth the effort.

Thank you, the Hart Family

Steve Springfield
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I am also having the green blinking light of death with my Mitsu WD-62725.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would send me the insteuctions on the fix to resolve the issue. Email address is [email protected].

Thank You, Steve

dasquared
First, the piano technique

First, the piano technique does work for the right problems - whenever my kids start pushing the buttons (which are disabled), I use it to "unstck" buttons when there are/were multiple contacts - it freezes any changes from the remote or buttons.

BUT, my problem is a bit different - my ws65711 just shut off itself, and when I go to turn back on, I get a click, green light (solid) for a few seconds, then clicks off (TV and green light). Manual suggests I reset, which does not solve problem. I have also reset the power conditioner and surge protector in multiple variations with tv to no avail Only other manual solution is to run power through power cond/surge - which I have now and always have had with this tv. No power fluctuations noted, no other components turned off...thoughts?

Larry Dillon
Yep first open the set and

Yep first open the set and look for a small tag inside thw inside wall of the TV set, that is the pico fuse location, a pico fuse is not like a typical glass fuse. they are single color, black green or yellow. You need to find FA04 and FA05, Check for continuity across them, If you find one or more open or have no continuity BEFORE replacing the pico. Replace the Two convergence IC' you can get original part kit for your set at http://www.tvrepairkits.com, I recently started using them instead of finding and ordering all the different parts from different suppliers
and I had a bad IC, and they sent me another one no questions asked.I tried that with a few of the of the parts suppliers and always got a song and a dance and always blaming me for the problem.Good Luck

Sara Hart
Hi ... I posted on May 13

Hi ... I posted on May 13 above about being interested, like many others here, in receiving the instruction file about how to take out the DM board and replace the capacitors ... in our case, to address the green blinking light on our Mitsubishi projection television (WD-62725).

I wasn't clear if we need to provide an email address (or if you have access to it via this site's administrators). In any case, if you would be willing to send that to me at the email attached to this post ... or to my work at [email protected], we would appreciate it. Thank you, The Hart Family

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore