Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
sleeman44
Larry,

Larry,

Unfortunately, I have the green light blink of death too. I was wondering if you could send me ([email protected]) the same instructions that everyone else has asked for that seems to have been able to fix this issue and helped so many others. I would truly be appreciative for any info that outlines the replacement capacitors and other instructions to fix my issue! I have a Mitsubishi WD-62725 model. In advance, thank you for your help!

NoOne
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Seems like I have the same issue as most on this thread in that my 73" Mits has the dreaded flashing green light. Please could you email me troubleshooting docs/fix.

Thanks in advance.

MellyMel
I too, have a Mitsubishi WS

I too, have a Mitsubishi WS-65711 whose green light has been blinking for over a day after a power outage. We've unplugged it, plugged it back in, pushed the reset button, waited for the light to stop blinking, with no success. It seems from this forum that we'll need the DM board info. We do have the owner's guide. My email address is [email protected].

Thanks in advance for all your help. We defintely appreciate it.

paul6677
i have a ws-65711 with no

i have a ws-65711 with no power. the green led flashes for about 30-60 seconds and nothing. whatcan i do? please help. you can email me at [email protected]

paul6677
i too have a power problem. i

i too have a power problem. i plug it in and the led flashes about a minute and nothing no clicks beep nothing can anyone advise me on the problem. it is a ws-65711

JRoach
WS65869 - Larry, I have read

WS65869 - Larry, I have read over the forum and of course I am having the same problem with my model. Please email me the directions to replace the capacitors. My email is [email protected]

CarolinaKid
Hello Larry Dillon, I would

Hello Larry Dillon, I would like to take the time to thank you for helping all these people with there tv problems, but it seems i now to need the directions for fixing the blinking light of death on a WS-48511. I have went ahead and pulled the DM board and seen there was 7 caps instead of 4. But still would feel better with directions before i try the repair. Thanks in advance [email protected]

MiaG
Hi,

Hi,

I am having the same issue...the green blinking light on mitsu big screen won't stop. What is this about a manaul to repair myself? Can you give me more infomation please? Thanks. Mia ([email protected])

paul6677
i had the same problem with

i had the same problem with my ws-65711. i unplugged it, waited for the green light to stop flashing, and starting from left ( power buton ) pushed all the buttons like a piano ( left to right ) and then back ( right to left ) ending with the power buton. sounds funny i know but it worked for me

MiaG
did you push all the buttons

did you push all the buttons while the tv was unplugged right? then plugged it back?

paul6677
step by step. 1. unplug tv

step by step. 1. unplug tv 2. plug it in and wait for flashing green led to stop. 3. start with power and work your way from left to right ( like a piano )the right to left one motion. i did not lift my finger or stop. then the tv just came on

mrgart04
manual for WS65711
mrgart04
These caps have a neg. and

These caps have a neg. and pos.connection , the negative lead is marked on the side of the electrolytic capacitor and the connection on the board will also be marked for the negative side connection

sometimes other components go and testing of these components will be required when the capacitors and or all fuses are checked and or replaced

When the buttons on the tv stop or start acting up and the remote is not working on it or not working correctly on the tv , this is caused by eprom ic ( menu chip ) , crystal, IR sensor,standby power circuit,power, faulty buttons and or components in the circuits

after the warm up ( plug in ),if the set cannot be turned on , then rechecking of solder work , connections , other possible component failure and voltage testing will need to be done

neryssa13
I too have the blinking light

I too have the blinking light of death, we have unplugged it, reset it numerous times and nothing works. Can you please send me your file to fix the TV, right now purchasing a new tv and or having it fixed is not an option.

Please I have been doing research for days and this is the first solution i have found.

Thank You,
Neryssa

mrgart04
hello,

hello,

If your set is the ws65711 this file http://www.techlore.com/download/22511/Mitsubishi-V21-Chassis-Service-Re... which requires adobe to open , then you can save the service/repair manual to your computer
this will help you get to the DM board inside the tv set where the 1000uf capacitors are on,replacing of these caps and checking all fuses should fix the problem especially if the caps look bulged on the top , but there may be other components that may need testing and replacing if the electrolytic capacitors replacement on the DM board does not do it and or if there are other blown fuses/protection components.

Dennis John
Larry,

Larry,

Have same blinking green light after power outage Model WS 65869. Could you email the instructions for repair.

Thanks,
Dennis

Roy cope
Larry- Suffering the same

Larry- Suffering the same problem with a ws-73909 Does your instructions include that model? If so could you send them to me? please forward to [email protected]

Thanks-

Roy cope
I am not sure that Larry is

I am not sure that Larry is still active here as he has not reply for some 2 months.  I did read in another thread that he was undergoing radiation treatment.  Hope is having success in that!  I did want to Thank him for his huge contribution to this topic and all of his other contributions on this site. I think everything you need to know is already here in existing threads or contributions.  If you are looking for a service manual you can find them here to.  Click on Larrys avatar and go to his community contributions.  You will likely find it there.

I had unhooked my TV on Sunday to get it ready to load up and take to the shop on Monday.  In the mean time I ran across this discussion.  I posted a request for Info and hoped for a quick reply as I wanted to save every $$$ that I could. I have only owned Mitsibushi for my adult life including the big 35" tube.  Thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread!  Purchased my 73909 in 2001 and a DLP 52525 in 2004.  The DLP has all but broke me and it has made 4-5 trips to the shop. (Never buy a 1st generation) Repairs have totaled some $1200 thus far. The first trip was under warranty and the second I managed to get Mitsibushi to supply the parts. Of course the part was only about $75 and the labor was $250.

However, the 73909 just kept going along until a couple of weeks ago when a transformer or something blew up in the neighborhood and caused a power outage.  Not sure if there was a spike or the unit failed due to the power up cycle that it needs to go through after full loss of power. 

For 2009, I know we all want to save some $$$ and when I found this thread I was happy as a clam.  Pretty skilled in everything from home repair and building my own computers I felt that I could do this and it was worth the risk for the money.  

Disasembly was not difficult and actually easier on my 73909 than shown in the guide on this site since my DM Module is seperate and not connected to one of the boards.  It is located on the far left side and slides into a tray and is connected by wires to the boards.

http://www.techlore.com/article/24711/Mitsubishi-Blinking-Green-Light-Repair-Procedure/;jsessionid=0D31A3E7B0102693516AD76AC94C45A0?textpage=1&r=1236695920444

I went to a local electronics repair store and picked up the capacitors.  I could not use the 35v as recommended by the repair guide on this site as they were to big.  Even the replacement 16v were a little bigger but they worked.  I have done some soldering but was very nervous doing something so small, fragile, and expense if I were to screw it up.  I asked at the electronics shop if they did or knew of someone that soldered circuit boards and they directed me to a TV repair shop about a mile up the road. 

I went to the small TV repair shop, and showed the guy the board.  He knew that it was Mitsibushi and that it was the DM board.  I told him I wanted to have the caps replaced and he said "So you have the blinking green light?" Enough Said, I guess every reapair man knows.  As a matter of fact, I think this repair is very common and even if you call out a repairman, likely they will fix it on site.  Assume it will be the service call plus parts and about 1-2 hours and set you back $200-$300.  Anyway, I was able to watch him remove and solder in the new caps paid him $45 and learned how to do it.  Took about 10 min.

re-assembled the TV, plugged it in and pushed the button and .........a beautiful picture!

Kids will be playing Wii and Rock Band later today!

FYI- There was no indication of the Cap's being faulty.  No bulge and not leaky.  Now that I look back there were some early indications that I read in some of the threads about Blue Screen on turn on and in my case, and I am not sure if it is revelent or not, I had a couple of what appear to be problem pixels.  Not sure that this is a proper discription since this is not a pixel type TV. Not sure if this is what caused it as I have had a similar problem which was fixed when I changed some of the patch cords.  Anyway, the dark pixels are now gone too!

Good luck to all and go for it!

mrgart04
yes this is a common problem

yes this is a common problem with mitsubishi ! But I repair all kind of electronics and they also need the electrolytic capacitor replacement , there are certain types of manufacturers ( like, KC,TEAC)and thier capacitors just don't last, I just had to repair my compuuter power supply (ATX), which had five bad capacitors (3-1000uf ,1-2200uf and a 470uf) all 16v and I replaced them with the 35v( only one had to be laid down sideways),the 35v will just handle better.
electrolytic caps don't always show that they go , but a resistance test on them can tell you if they are!(after discharge of the cap)(and one lead out of circuit)

p.s. I don't have fix files to send for tv's or other devices, but your manual may be here or I can maybe link you to it and guide in the repair , I am an Electronics repair Technician. and I am here to help anyone if they need it or want it. or just use the info I or any other tech has posted to help in the "mitsubishi blinking light of death"

repairdude

Dennis John
Thanks for the reply. I

Thanks for the reply. I found a posting Saturday. All I had to do was read the many blinking green light threads. The hardest parts were 1st finding the DM Module which is not seen until you remove it from the set and the metal enclosure and then locating one store that had at least seven of the 1000uf at the higher voltage and temp rating. It was easier than I thought to replace them. It worked great. Electronic City in Burbank, CA has them in bulk. I bought 10 for $1.03 each rated at 1000uf 35 Volts 105C.

Thanks Again to Everyone Here,
Dennis

Edogg
I am also having the problem

I am also having the problem with the blinking green light. I have a Mitsubishi Diamond Series Model: WS-65711. Would you please be kind enough as to send me instructions on how to fix the problem. I also experienced a power outage. Thank you so much [email protected]

Edogg
Hello there, I am

Hello there, I am experiencing the blinking green light on a Mitsubishi Diamond Series Model WS-65711. I also experienced a power outage. Could you please emial instructions on how I could fix this problem. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much. [email protected]

Antoine Ph D
Hello Larry:

Hello Larry:
I have the blinking green light of death on my Mitsubishi TV. I did turn it off by unplugging it for several hours, and did the reset as well. But the TV won't turn on and the green light keeps blinking. Could you please help to send me the information needed to locate the bad parts and the instruction to replace them?
Really appreciate your time and help! My email is [email protected]
Thank you so much.
Antoine

Larry Dillon
if you need repair info

if you need repair info PLEASE include the model of the set you have, so you don't waist mine or your time

shivh
Hi, I have a Mitsubishi WD

Hi, I have a Mitsubishi WD-52725 DLP with the green blinking light problem. Service tech indicated that there is a problem with power supply and the main chassis needs to be repaired and rebuilt. Will cost me $ 650 (parts 400.00 and labor 250.00). He said this is common problem with these TVS.

Could you send me the service manual/repair manual/instructions/magic wand for this TV.

Thank you and much appreciate any info.

Dennis John
It's not difficult is you can

It's not difficult is you can solder. Parts will cost you 10 to 20 dollars.

Dennis

jim111
I have a Mitsubishi WS555-11

I have a Mitsubishi WS555-11 with the blinking green light. We had a power outage here during the day. We tried unplugging for an hour and pushing the reset button. I am guessing its the capacitors. Can you email me the steps to replace? Email to [email protected]

GRUMPY G
I have a Mitsubishi WS55513

I have a Mitsubishi WS55513 that the picture goes to a blue screen when you turn set off and back on picture reappears then goes out in a while if the capacitors is the fix could you please send me the instructions.
Thank you for your time in helping people.
Pat

Larry Dillon
Pat!, where do I send you the

Pat!, where do I send you the repair information to?

kyletiffin
Larry, I have a Mitsubishi ws

Larry, I have a Mitsubishi ws 55859 with a blinking light. Is that any way that you could send me the manuel so I could fix my TV? My email is [email protected]. Thank you very much ahead of time for your help.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore