Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Navyretired
It looks like Larry has not

It looks like Larry has not been on lately, hope he is OK. Can someone please e mail me the instructions for a WS-65711. I did find a service manual and started taking it apart, but not quite sure how to take off the 3 connectors, I tried wiggling them but they did not look like they were coming off and I did not want to push my luck and break something. Does anyone have any tips on taking the connectors off of the circuit boards, is their a locking tab?I saw on another forum where the guy removed a shelf and never disconnected any of the connectors and changed the caps while the board was still connected. Any help would be appreciated

Jim_Dyer
Hi Larry (or anyone). My WS

Hi Larry (or anyone). My WS-65713 recently started the green light death blink. Could you please send me the repair instructions? Thanks... [email protected]

Jim_Dyer
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
This problem could be a bad DM board.  If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included!  Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked.  I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set..  If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech.  If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks.  If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you.  Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with.  Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Hi Larry. My Mitsubishi WS-65713 started exhibiting the green light death blink. I would love to try the repair myself. Please send me the instructions file to [email protected] 

Thanks a bunch...

Richard Lewison

mrgart04
have you read this here?

have you read this here? http://www.techlore.com/article/24711/Mitsubishi-Blinking-Green-Light-Re...
may help your problem , may need testing to solve , anyway hope that helps

Jim_Dyer
Hi Repairdude. Thanks for the

Hi Repairdude. Thanks for the info. This repair guide refers to 4 capacitors that need replacing, but Larry refers to 7 capacitors. Do you know why there is a discrepancy? Thanks... [email protected]

mrgart04
this is because of the board

this is because of the board in the dm modual case and the different models ,but these caps just go , i have had many other devices with same type caps going in them also and even replaced others with a little higher voltage rating , so four or seven , replace all the 1000uf 16v with 1000uf 35v even if they don't show signs of failure, because they don't always do that , but other components should be checked as well, power , fuses , transitors , resistors , diodes , ect... to make sure something else has not gone wrong
what happend before the light of death appeared?

Navyretired
repairdude said: this is

repairdude said: this is because of the board in the dm modual case and the different models ,but these caps just go , i have had many other devices with same type caps going in them also and even replaced others with a little higher voltage rating , so four or seven , replace all the 1000uf 16v with 1000uf 35v even if they don't show signs of failure, because they don't always do that , but other components should be checked as well, power , fuses , transitors , resistors , diodes , ect... to make sure something else has not gone wrong what happend before the light of death appeared?

Repair dude, I changed out the 7 caps with 35v and put everything back together but now not even getting green light, what do you think may have caused this? maybe did not solder one of the caps corectly?

mrgart04
that is possible that a

that is possible that a solder joint is bad( hold melted solder for a couple of seconds)( lift soldering iron up the component lead and then off)
also recheck all work , make sure you did not forget something

mrgart04
also there is polarity( + , -

also there is polarity( + , - ) on these type capacitors , so definately make sure these are installed correctly

Dave Salveson
Repairdude or Larry,

Repairdude or Larry,
I have a Mitsubishi WS-73713 now suffering the blinking light problem. I am comfortable around a sodoring iron and IC boards. I would appreciate any help or documentation that will help me make this repair. [email protected]

Thanks for the help,
Dave Salveson

mrgart04
have you checked the dm

have you checked the dm module? and or capacitors? its next to the tuner(connected)

Dave Salveson
repairdude said: have you

repairdude said: have you checked the dm module? and or capacitors? its next to the tuner(connected)

Repairdude:  I am ready and willing to check capacitor, etc..  I have the service manual and have begun dis-assembly.  Based on previous items in this thread, it appears there are some specific instructions floating around that may be helpful.  Can you (or someone) send those to me?

Thanks...  [email protected]

Jim_Dyer
I had the green light blink

I had the green light blink of death with my WS-65713. I used the information in the past posts along with the information that Larry gave in his Jan 21, 2009 post. I tried to use the 35V capacitors that Larry recommended, but the diameter of all 35V caps were larger than the originals, thereby not fitting in the tight space of the 65713 circuit board. I ended up ordering new 16V high reliability caps from Digikey part number P13119-ND (1000uF, 10000 hour @105C, 16V). These parts have the same diameter as the originals, but are slightly taller (still fits in case). It fixed the problem and the TV now works fine. On my TV there are only 4 caps to replace, compared to 7 described in earlier post. The total cost was $4.55 including shipping. The only part that gave me trouble was unsoldering and soldering since the through holes are connected to large power planes in the circuit board. USE A VERY HOT IRON to avoid cold solder joints.

Jim_Dyer
CORRECTION to my last post:

CORRECTION to my last post: The information that I used was given by the Jan 21 2009 post by "repairdude", not Larry.

Jim_Dyer
repairdude said:

repairdude said:
this is because of the board in the dm modual case and the different models ,but these caps just go , i have had many other devices with same type caps going in them also and even replaced others with a little higher voltage rating , so four or seven , replace all the 1000uf 16v with 1000uf 35v even if they don't show signs of failure, because they don't always do that , but other components should be checked as well, power , fuses , transitors , resistors , diodes , ect... to make sure something else has not gone wrong
what happend before the light of death appeared?

Hi repairdude. There was no power failure or any kind of event out of the ordinary before this failure. Although, I did notice the TV resetting itself out of the blue a couple of times in the weeks before the failure. Also, as I mentioned in another post the 35V caps would not fit in the capacitor locations. The originals are approximately 0.4" in diameter, but the 35V versions (at least all the ones that I found in my search) are approximately  0.5" in diameter. The locations of caps in my TV do not allow for a wider cap.

mrgart04
the purpose of the 1000uf 35v

the purpose of the 1000uf 35v capacitor in an already old circuit is because the material in the rated 16v capacitor and possible higher dc voltage flow in the circuit can be compromised and the caps will end up failing , as if the 35v material is compromised then it will most likely still handle. the 35v cap can be installed horizontally and not vertically as long as the leads don't touch and the room to lay the cap in desired position( forming of the leads and positioning of cap( and even using tape to hold it till you solder it) before soldering ) , and it will not effect its function or the circuit,just have to design it a little
the values of other components should be checked and or replaced if values are to far off , otherwise it will lead to failure of the circuit
Richard ,
meter check other components values ( voltage regulator , resistor , diode ) for possible cause of capacitor failure , if it does a reset again , or did you do a meter check for values of other components already ?

dave,
your going to need this http://www.techlore.com/download/24849/Mitsubishi-WS-xxx13-Service-Manual/
unless you have something already , but you will need to look in the dm module to replace the caps , this manual does not show a schematic of the dm module , just the dm replacement instructions and picture , but this should help you to get to the caps

Jim_Dyer
repairdude, thanks for the

repairdude, thanks for the info. I didn't do any evaluation of the devices, I just replaced the caps in question. I guess if the 16V caps fail again, then I will be performing the surgery again. I know that electrolytic caps have a limited life span by nature, so hopefully the new (16V) caps will last for another 5 years. Either way, getting the TV working again for $4.55 is quite a bargain over other repair options. Thanks to all that contributed to this issue.

TDUG
I have a WS55813 and have

I have a WS55813 and have had this green timer light issue on and off now for 2 yrs....in the warm weather the TV would just shut down and need about 10 minutes to clear itself. Now in the colder weather the room the TV is in gets cool and the tv will blink forever. Apparently this has been a well known problem and the fix has to be easy but they referred me to a electronics repair company that cost 160.00 to make the visit. If there is a repair I can make for this problem I would love to know it.
Thank You

mrgart04
yes , definately worth the

yes , definately worth the money ! and DIY ! glad its working and hope it stays that way for you ,and glad to help!

Navyretired
repairdude said: also there

repairdude said: also there is polarity( + , - ) on these type capacitors , so definately make sure these are installed correctly

Repairdued, resoldered the capacitors and getting the blinking light that comes on and goes off after 60 seconds, but then the power turns off. Which is acutally what it was doing originally, but thought I would go ahead and give the capacitors a shot. Any thoughts? saw an article by Larry Dillon talking about Pico fuses and Covergence module, do you think that may be the case? Specifically States that should not change out any fuses without changing out the Convergence IC's, but this is only for a WS65909, do you have any instructions for the WS65711? or do you think that it might be a fuse on the DM board? any help you can provide would be greatly appreaited! Especially since Super Sunday is just around the corner. Thanks again

barbiecapone
I have the Mitsubishi 1080

I have the Mitsubishi 1080 hdtv diamond series.....same power outage story with the green blinking light! please help

Tim777
I never recieved any

I never recieved any instructions by e-mail but stumbled through enough posts and pictures on this site and others to get the DM board out of my 55859. I bought the 7 capacitors for a little over 8 dollars and had some electronics guys at work solder them in. I re-installed the board, plugged it in and after the 1 minute flashing green went out I hit the power button. IT WORKED! I couldn't believe it. Thanks for all the info on this site.
Tim

mrgart04
sorry guy's , but I have to

sorry guy's , but I have to figure out why my viper alsrm is not letting me start my camaro , when I fix this problem I'll be back to help again.
again sorry , hopefully I'll figure it out quickly , talk at ya soon!

Mastone
Can anyone help me with the

Can anyone help me with the green blinking light of death issue on a WD-52725?
I got the service manual for it and took it apart. I replaced a total of 8 1000uF 16V capacitors, 4 on the power board and 4 on the DM board. Two or three were obviously bad. However to no avail.
Can anyone help? Has anyone fixed this TV successfully? How can I test if the boards are bad themselves? In general HELP!
Thanks in advance

mrgart04
navyretired,

navyretired,
do you here any clicks when hitting the power button after the light goes out ? you may also need to check for any other possible defaulted components like other possible bad solder, an open resistor or bad diode , also check the board plug solder connections to the main board( chassis ) , otherwise voltage checks are going to need be made in the standby/power circuit .

mastone,
recheck your soldering and or reseat the board to make sure it is making good contact , if that don't help you will need to check for a bad component on the board or also start a voltage check in the power/standb circuit , but make sure there are no fuses blown first

figured out my alarm was a poor installation ( bad connections )( and a taped wire instead of shrink tube )

timborama2001
Does anyone still have that

Does anyone still have that info on how to repair the board? If so I will list the model number if I hear anything from someone.

mrgart04
whats the model and what

whats the model and what happened before it went ? and what is it doing now ?

timborama2001
It is a model WS-55513. I

It is a model WS-55513. I was out of town. I don't know what happened. I came home and its blinking non stop. I reset & powered it down for a few hours. What the heck its only about 7 years old or younger. Never had a problem. Perfect picture. Please help.

mrgart04
tim

tim
do you have this manual ? http://www.techlore.com/download/24849/Mitsubishi-WS-xxx13-Service-Manual/

this will help you to get to the dm board to replace the capacitors on it

kkwant
I have a WS-65711 with the

I have a WS-65711 with the same issues. May I please get the DM board fix files too?

[email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore