ps3 and internet help

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gen.Patton
ps3 and internet help

Dear Reader can you help me on how to conect a ps3 to the internet thank you Laughing

Matt Whitlock
I'm sure we can probably help

I'm sure we can probably help, but you'll need to give us some info on your setup.

How are you trying to connect your PS3 to the Internet? Wired or Wireless?

Do you have a router? Make and model?

Matt2059
im trying to connect through

im trying to connect through a wirless setup and it finds my IP address fine but then comes up with failed next to internet connection with the error code 80710102, please helpm ive been trying so many peoples different solutions and none of them work

kevinw
I'm having exactly the same

I'm having exactly the same problems as Matt2059. It's becoming really frustrating! Any help would be much appreciated!!!

beata68
I have the same problem as

I have the same problem as the previous guys, everytime I try to connect it wirelessly it finds my IP address perfectly fine but then when it has to connect to the internet its not able to, and theres a error code that comes up, 80710102, please help....

Matt Whitlock
I did some hunting around,

I did some hunting around, and rather than try to regurgitate what I've learned other places, I'll just point you to a well written post at the Playstation forums. Let me know if any of this helps you.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/plays...

beata68
matt2059 & kevinw!!!!!! Have

matt2059 & kevinw!!!!!! Have any of you connected your ps3 to the internet??? if you have please help me because nothing is working!!!

Gen.Patton
I was wondering if i could

I was wondering if i could connect my ps3 to the internet without a router  thank you  

if not can tell me were to get a router   thank you

troubler
hi i just joined and i just

hi i just joined and i just want to know if the internet on my ps3 could work without  a router. i don;t have a router but when it says to scan it shows about 17 % and it goes all the way until the test and when it tests it gets stuck on trying to find the ip adressand fails, plz help me

P.S. oh and its a region 3 ps3

Matt Whitlock
You don't HAVE to have a

You don't HAVE to have a router, but you do need something that can assign the PS3 an IP address (routing capability). Windows XP computers have a feature called ICS, which stands for Internet Connection Sharing. Your PC will need to have a spare Ethernet port open to use it, so if you are hard wired to your cable/DSL modem, you'll need another add-on Ethernet card installed.

Set up the Internet connection on the PC, and plug the PS3 into the other Ethernet port. Run the ICS wizard, and Windows will assign the PS3 an IP address and share the Internet connection with it.

So, there's your workaround. However, it's MUCH easier, and in everyone's best interest to have a router installed between your gear and the Internet. Routers have a lot of security features that help protect your stuff from bad people, and it makes sharing your web connection with other things on your network significantly easier. Besides, basic routers with wireless capability are pretty darn cheap anyway. Keep an eye out for sales and you'll probably be able to snag one for less than $25.

schrimp03
Got my PS3 for Christmas and

Got my PS3 for Christmas and could not get it to connect through my wireless router. I called Playstation support and they told me my router was the problem. My firewall in the router was letting the PS3 assign the IP address then the firewall in the router was causing the problem. The PS3 service tech gave me all the ports that I needed to add and I called the router service techs and they helped me set it up. Took a little time and considerable time on the phone with techs but I've been online every since. Don't know if that helps but thats what it took to get mine going.

barttis76
HI, what with Vista PC, how

HI, what with Vista PC, how to connect ps3 with them?

DavidRajan
Hi, I've recently bought a

Hi, I've recently bought a ps3 & would like some help on how I can connect it to the internet. I've tried connecting it before but the only network i was able to connect to was linksys and the signal strength never grew past 12%, not good for online gaming. I would like to know what i can do to get a better connection.

bad boi
i need help connecting my ps3

i need help connecting my ps3 to internet...wassup

JUSTIN45485468
hi my computer is next to my

hi my computer is next to my ps3 and i cant get enternet ip is good but enternet is faild

JUSTIN45485468
hi my computer is next to my

hi my computer is next to my ps3 and i cant get enternet ip is good but enternet is faild

mulio
well to start with you

well to start with you shouldn't hook your ps3 up with a wi-fi connection if your intention is to play online games such as socom the lag is horrable i suggest you use a wired router or most wi-fi routers have wired ports as well if u double check at www.us.playstation.com it not suggested there either

joe the gamer
i dont know anything about

i dont know anything about PS3's and i just read everything but i dont know all those big words hahaha. someone please explain what i will need to connect. the only internet thing i have is a modem for verizon internet that goes in the USB for the computer.

jeremy moise
it wont find my ip adress how

it wont find my ip adress how do i fix that

gauntlet
yo matt do you know any way

yo matt do you know any way how to get a better signal strenght for the wireless on the ps3

Connect With Techlore