polaroid lcd tv will not turn on

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steve @ Euphoria PCs
My neighbor gave me one of

My neighbor gave me one of these polaroid tv's, it was headed for the dumpster. I took it home and plugged it in, and it ran for about 5 hours, I turned it off, and later it wouldn't come on again. Made a squeeking sound from the area where the power supply is mounted. I opened the TV (TONS of screws) and removed the power supply. I located two 1000mF 25v capacitors that were bulged on the top, and were the source of the noise. I ran off to radio shack and purchased two 1000mF 35v capacitors since they didn't carry 25v. Came home, removed old capacitors, replaced them with the new ones, reinstalled the power supply and tested. TV comes on, no problems at all. I reassembled the chassis and have been watching it for 12 hours now. Hope this helps. You'll need some soldering skill and a de-soldering pump for easy removal of the old parts.

louiejean west
i used my polariod LCD tv for

i used my polariod LCD tv for my computer as monitor. but why the flug of the tube is burn on the upper side were the LCD tube is conected to the power suply and its won open the LCD tube.
i try to make direct conection makes some jumper to it, but its won opent the LCD?
if the tube will be busted or not? or maybe the power supply is wornout? pls help me to fix it

louiejean west
wen i try to open my polariod

wen i try to open my polariod LCD its just torn off agian. i thing the powersuply
were can i buy the powersuply of this polariod tv model 900T?

professor chad
i have the flm2601 will not

i have the flm2601 will not turn on for days

Drewlp678
I have a Polaroid tv and when

I have a Polaroid tv and when I try to play ps3 i turn it on but the blue light stayed red and also the disc drive on the side turned on please help if you can

Drewlp678

I have a Polaroid tv and when I try to play ps3 the red light stays red and the disk drive is the only thing that turns on please help it will help a lot

Drewlp678

I have a Polaroid tv and when I try to play ps3 the red light stays red and the disk drive is the only thing that turns on please help it will help a lot

Drewlp678

Pages

Connect With Techlore