the screen of my camcorder is all blurry, HELP!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
alboonis
the screen of my camcorder is all blurry, HELP!

i just got a new panasonic digital mini dv camcorder, when i first opened it the screen was clear and great but the next day the screen was all blurry and i cant make out any objects when trying to record.

the model number is PV-DV202D-K       please help!

Matt Whitlock
Does the camera have a manual

Does the camera have a manual override for focus? Maybe you flipped it into manual mode on accident.

alboonis
it has a button that says

it has a button that says automatic and manual but when i put it back in manual it still looks the same.

there is also a focus button but its not making look better 

Matt Whitlock
If it's in automatic focus

If it's in automatic focus mode, and it doesn't look any better, check if some kind of video effect filter engaged. May be worth a scroll through the menu.

Also possible you got a bad cam. Might be worth a trip back to the store to exchange it.

alboonis
when i check in the menu it

when i check in the menu it says that the effects are off.....so do you think i just bought a bad cam?

dans_repair_service
It is quite possible that

It is quite possible that either the focus motor or the motor driver IC is bad.  If this is a new unit, bring it back for an exchange.  While this type of failure is rare, it does happen.  Also, the gearing for the focus is made from nylon plastic and is fragile, the teeth may be broken.  I have seen this before in Panasonic and Sony camcorders.  The mechanism is the same for these newer units as well.

Dan

igotit
ok so im guessing your screen

ok so im guessing your screen is blurry because mabe you were somewhere it was cold and it fogged up...
WELL although you clean the out side lense there are still more lense after your outer lense, what you want to do is just grab a blow dryer and heat the lense(for and bit, then blow dry the sides of you camera)

it worked for me, i have a panasonic sdr-t70

Connect With Techlore