Toshiba Theaterview HD TV

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
canadagirl
Toshiba Theaterview HD TV

We have a Toshiba Theaterview HD TV that is approximately three (3) years old - last week a half moon blue/yellow hue developed at the bottom of the screen - this has progressed upward over the last week. Is this a fixable problem at a reasonable price or should we invest in a new Large screen TV?

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
Is this an LCD, plasma, or

Is this an LCD, plasma, or regular projection TV?  A Model number would work. Cool

canadagirl
The Model Number is 50H72

The Model Number is 50H72 Manufactured July 2002

Larry Dillon
OK, this is a rear projection

OK, this is a rear projection tube type set.  Your problem could be the fluid leak out of one or more of the CRT's,  dirt or debre inside the reflection area, or a convergence problems.  The few peeps I have ever spoken to about this set, said that when the set is working, they are good, as the picture is alot better then the SONY's BSTV's.  I have heard a few complaints about Toshiba NOT haveing parts available for this set.  I'm not sure on how true this is, but also Toshiba customer service told one of my customers to go to #@$#, as the service center was having a problem getting parts top repair the TV set.  If you have no troubleshooting skills on solid state electronic's play it safe and call in a pro to diagnoise yopur TV set.  Good Luck, and let us know what you decide.

MightyWraithNine
Please Help Larry!!

Please Help Larry!!

My brand new 40 inch Samsung LCD HD TV looks like garbage!  I know analog cable channels won't look good. But my PS2 plays DVDs and video games at the same clarity, looks like a SCREEN DOOR!  Is this the TV? or is it because the PS2 isn't HD quality.  I bought component cables for PS2 and it still looks crappy!  Whats wrong? THANKS

Larry Dillon
The screen door effect is

The screen door effect is produced by all digital projectors. Some sre more prominate then others. While CRT projectors produce their image by scanning lines, just like a conventional TV but bigger, digital projectors work differently. LCD projectors, also known as Microdisplay TV's, shine the light through three bit-mapped panels, each of which consists of hundreds of thousands of individually controllable pixels. DLPs bounce the light off hundreds of thousands of microscopic mirrors -- once again, each representing a pixel. In both cases the panels are backed by some tricky electronics which map the incoming scan lines onto the pixels, scaling the signal to the right resolution where necessary. The problem is that each pixel has some control electronics around it. If your projector's lens is sharply focused, each individual pixel appears on the screen in its own little black box. The lines of the boxes are where the control electronics stops the light from shining through the panel (or is non-reflective at the edges of a DLP micro-mirror). It's somewhat like looking at the scenery through a fly screen, thus the name. You may have a problem with the set, or your not used to a natural effect alot of LCD TV sets have. I would go back to the dealer and see if the display set has the same problem. I have heard that some inexpensive LCD TV sets have this as a natural fault. Good Luck and let us know if you get the same effect at the dealers showroom.

CRAIG1129
am trying to find out what my

am trying to find out what my toshiba theaterview is if its lcd or dlp or plasmaand if its 720 or 1080

evil
There is a model number on

There is a model number on the back of the tv if you google that im sure you will come across a user manual for it that will have that information in it.

Connect With Techlore