How to unlock parental controls on tv

48 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bat Man
How to unlock parental controls on tv

Is there a way to unlock parental controls on a tv.Will some one HELP me?

Larry Dillon
Generally, when I get a

Generally, when I get a question like this, it is a child or teenager who wants to crack mom and dads code.  If your not a child, as it is not nice to be sneaky,  Please post a model and make of the set, as it is done differantly on all sets.  now mind you, some sets cannot be over ridden

Bat Man
Thank you Larry.I am a widow

Thank you Larry.I am a widow and I am 78 years old.My tv model# is T19064 Serial # 050235650 it is aRCA TV/ VCR Combination.Thankyou very much for I have not set any # ,but it will not let me see Touched by an angel,and that is one of my best shows.

Larry Dillon
Ok so sorry. Are you using

Ok so sorry. Are you using an original remote? Can you use the numbers on the remote to go to the right channels? If you try to punch in the numbers in the remote, what does the TV do or show on the screen?

Bat Man
when I try to get the chanel

when I try to get the chanel it clicks on the quikly change to the menu saying there is a lock on that channel I also noticed that there are about four channels locked out on thismy TV.I am the only one that uses this TV.It only started this last night.In the middle of Walker Texas Ranger.Then when I checked ther chanels I then saw that there were many others blocked too.ThanksLarry

Bat Man
when I try to get the chanel

when I try to get the chanel it clicks on the quikly change to the menu saying there is a lock on that channel I also noticed that there are about four channels locked out on thismy TV.I am the only one that uses this TV.It only started this last night.In the middle of Walker Texas Ranger.Then when I checked ther chanels I then saw that there were many others blocked too.ThanksLarry I am using the original remote that came with the set.

Larry Dillon
I cant seem to find that user

I cant seem to find that user manual?  Have you tryed yet to unplug the set and re-doing the channel searce yet?

Bat Man
  I want to thank you Larry.I

I want to thank you Larry.I unpluged to Tv and it did the trick My channels are unblocked.Should I put in acode that I will have one in when it does this again?May you have a good day.Thanks

Larry Dillon
No, you really dont need one.

No, you really dont need one.  sometimes the microprocessor get a hiccup and need to be reset. Im so glad we were able to assist you.  you too have a great day and spread the news that we are here to help!

pkagius
I have a magnavox tv, model #

I have a magnavox tv, model # 27ms343s and I no longer have the original remote.  The other day while using the tv buttons I accidentally hit child lock on.  Now I can not use the tv at all.  The tv wont even come on because the child lock has locked me out from the tv controls.  I have purchased a universal remote and cant seem to get it to turn on the tv but seems to turn all other dvd, vcr equipment on from the off mode.  Does anyone out there know of a way to remove or reset child lock without turning on tv or using a remote?  I also opened up the tv but did not see any kind of reset switch and unplugging unit does nothing either!

HELP!!!!!!

Larry Dillon
The TV should at least come

The TV should at least come on.    Have you tryed to unplug the TV set for at least a couple of hours?

pkagius
yes! I left it unplugged for

yes! I left it unplugged for over 10 hours.  I also forgot to mention that the red standby light is on next to the power button on the TV but like I mentioned I can't turn the TV on.

lokoz
hi ihave a philips tv the

hi ihave a philips tv the model # is 25ps40s121

and the chasis# is 25m8007603

i forgot the password so now i can't lock the tv cuz i need a password to lock it and the one had befire u don have it anymore so how can i unlock it?

Larry Dillon
pkagius, like I said the

pkagius, like I said the parental lock would not stop the TV set from comming on.  The lock would onlt lock you out of certain funtions or channels.  there is a fault in the power supply or the sweep circuit of the TV set.  You will need to have the set looked at by a trained Tech.  If you have printed circuit board experience, you can get a schematic for this TV set and trouble shoot it yourself.  if you do not have the TV knowledge, play it safe and call in a pro.  Good luck.

Larry Dillon
lokoz, the Philips sets use a

lokoz, the Philips sets use a four digit code to control the v-chip.  The override code for Philip sets is 0711, although it may say "Incorrect code" the first time to trick you.  If "Incorrect code" is displayed, simply enter 0711 again.

To use it: hit the MENU key to get to the menus.  Go up or down until you reach AUTOLOCK or SMARTLOCK, depending on the model, and push the "right arrow" key on the remote.  Enter the override code, and enter it a second time if it says it is incorrect.
Once in the AUTOLOCK or SMARTLOCK menu, go to BLOCK, and push the "right arrow" key.  Go to BLOCKING OPTIONS and press the "right arrow" key.  Go to MASTER DISABLE and press the "right arrow" key so that it says "MASTER DISABLE      ON".  The v-chip is now deactivated.  Good Luck, and let us know how this turns out.

lokoz
thanks it worked just like

thanks it worked just like you said it would thanks.

Larry Dillon
Great news!  Another success

Great news!  Another success story here at techlore.com!

Dutchman
Hi Larry, I'm driving a Vizio

Hi Larry, I'm driving a Vizio P42 Plasma set.  I successfully swaped out the power supply module from another P42 with busted plasma screen, which is why I got such a sweet deal on both of these broken sets on E-Bay !! The set works great now except for some of the channels coming over the satillite dish are getting blocked ?  When I punch in the channel it appears normal for about 1.5 seconds and goes black with a widow opened that gives V-chip information for main screen, and sub-screen.  Nothing about being "locked".  When I try to use any button on the remote the window closes and the screen remains blank, sound continues to work but that may be because I'm not using the audeo, bypassing it through seperate sound-around system.  Some channels uneffected.  I have both the owners manual and the service manual with all the tech spec's, settings and codes.  I don't see anything that shows how to disable the V-chip, can you help?  I've tried unplugging it, the problem is sparatic and will start up again given time.  I've been able to mess with the chip a little by rapidly pressing the "info" button on the remote.  It resets after a minute though, and the screen goes blank with that opened window mentioned earlier.

Larry Dillon
I dont understand how the

I dont understand how the channels could be blocked from the TV set if your useing a satillite reciever.. The channels are comming from a receiver and how do you have the sat. receiver connected to the plasma TV set?

Dutchman
Thanks for helping today

Thanks for helping today Larry.  The sat reciever is hooked to another power amp reciever for boosting watts to the surround system.  The video feed is coming from the sat reciever through the second reciever/amplifier.  I'm using a single RCA jack going out to the P42 Plasma set.  It appears that the set is choosing to block vieo reception of anything not local (13 and above) which is just about all thats worth watching since I don't usually watch the local channels.  I have the "input" set on Video-01.  What gets me is the signal is always going to Video-01, and the channels are being controlled with the sat reciever !!  How can the P42 know the difference?  I'm really confused how this is happening....anything you can share is appreciated Larry, thanks.

dans_repair_service
Dutchman:  Check the

Dutchman:  Check the connections at the "booster receiver" and the TV.  If you have bad ground connections, you will get good signal at the lower channels and little to no signal at the higher ones.  Also, try connecting the video directly to the TV.  It is possible that the video switching chip in the receiver is introducing noise or is just dropping the signal.  Going directly to the TV will eliminate the receiver and at least narrow down the problem.

Dan

jamie langston
HI LARRY,I purchased a

HI LARRY,I purchased a mitsubishi vs-50607 big screen tv. from an auction plays fine but most of the channels are blocked v chip parental lock, I have no code and a universal remote,that has no Q V buttons.Is there anyway I can overide the code or is there a master code? thanks

Larry Dillon
Nope. The only way is to get

Nope. The only way is to get a remote from a friend or maybe borrow one from a retailer. Universal remotes will not work for this.

gregtexan
Hi Larry, I am a 55 year old

Hi Larry, I am a 55 year old parent that blocked some channels on my vizio TV and forgot the password. now i cannot get into the channels I want. the model number is VW32L HDTV20A. THE SERIAL NUMBER IS SN LSRBFFJ1038016. Any help you can give me I would really appreciate it.

Greg from Brownsville, texas

Larry Dillon
Sorry, I cannot help you with

Sorry, I cannot help you with this one, but you should be able to contact the manufacturer and find out what the master unlock code is. Contact http://www.vizio.com/support/ and please let us know what you find out as we will include this in our thread to include the Vizio unlocking code. Good luck!

daego-h
hello, i have a curtis mathes

hello, i have a curtis mathes that is year june 2000 model cm19102. ihave run myself ragged trying to remember the parental code. my big tv went on the blink and now i cant watch nothing but the news and shopping channels. ihave the original remote. is there an override or reset. i tried the usual 0000, 1234, with no luck.
thanks!

life is short s...
hi i have an rca 13v420t

hi i have an rca 13v420t serial g511e4499 and i turned on the vpa,or,vpf lock and the tv set wont turn and i cant find the remote

boyd 0126
hey i have a orion tv and the

hey i have a orion tv and the vchip was on when i purchased it bu i do not know a passqord, can u please help

Miss Molly
Hello! I have a t19064 that i

Hello! I have a t19064 that i got from a friend a few years ago. She gave it to be because the parental controls blocked her from being able to view most channels she wanted to watch. MTV, adult swim...things like that. At the time i didn't have a cable connection and rarely used the TV for anything but movies. So now i have a cable connection... and i want these parental controls gone! The origial owners used a pin that they have LONG forgotten. So how do i reset these? Besides attempting every combination. Oh one more thing... I have moved 3 times since having this tv... It has been unplugged for long periods of time (a week or more) and this has not fixed the problem. I can't seem to find my model on the RCA tech support portion of the web site.Thanks!

Larry Dillon
a make and model number would

a make and model number would help a lot!!

bubbaz86
i have a 37inch Olevia lcd tv

i have a 37inch Olevia lcd tv and my kid put in a password but has forgotten it now.. i need to reset it somehow. i can't change settings.. please help me!!!

Pages

Connect With Techlore