Is the green gun stationary on my Zenith

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deb4630
Is the green gun stationary on my Zenith

I read somewhere on this very informative site that on some models the green gun is stationary. Does anyone know if this is true for a Zenith rz56z83d8? I have so far learned I may need to buy an avia convergence disc to get the green to a more suitable level, but I don't know if this will work for my tv or not?

Larry Dillon
The convergence IC's do

The convergence IC's do control the green convergence, its just most sets it does not need to be adjusted because the green is the center tube, and the red and the blue need to be adjusted left and right accordingly.  The IC's that control the convergence have three amps. in each chip. Two for the red or blue, and each one has one amp for the green.  On Zenith sets the convergence is called the registration.  The Zenith sets are desighned to replace the entire board when there is a problem.  Most sets are not.  The number for the registration module is 9-1690 and cost about $124.00 and is available at http://www.partstore.com Let use know how you made out, oh and Good Luck

Deb4630
Thank you Larry Dillion. You

Thank you Larry Dillion. You have answered many questions for me. I'am going to try to do the convergence with my remote. I've learned I will probable need the Avia disc . If I have no sucess with that now I know it will only cost a little to repair it. Thank you so much I appreciate your help. Deb4630 

Connect With Techlore