HELP - Toshiba widescreen HD - Can't fully view subtitles, captions, and news headlines at bottom of screen.

1 post / 0 new
Kona Barb
HELP - Toshiba widescreen HD - Can't fully view subtitles, captions, and news headlines at bottom of screen.

I need help understanding how to fully view subtitles, captions, and news headlines that scroll across the bottom of the screen of our Toshiba 46HMP94P HD DLP widescreen TV.

The manual indicates that the TheatreWide picture sizes may hide the top/bottom edges of the picture and recommends the following to view hidden edges:                                                                                                                          A.) Either scroll the picture the picture in TheatreWide 2 and 3.                       B.) Try viewing program in Full or Natural picture size.

I carefully followed all directions, however:

1. I don't understand what it means to set the scroll from -10 to +20.         2. I set separate scroll settings for Theatrewide 2 and TheatreWide 3 modes.                                                                                                           3. I don't understand how to scroll the picture.                                             4. I tried viewing the picture in Full mode with no better success.                5. I was unable to set the picture to the Natural picture size; the setting was grayed out.   

I am still unable to fully view complete subtitle text which was especially frustrating during ABC's 9/11 movie last night.

Can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

Mahalo,

Barb

Connect With Techlore