garster59
samsung HCL4715W

how do I enter the service mode in the tv with the remote

jenneywa
i'm a;so looking for the

i'm a;so looking for the codes, can anybody help

Larry Dillon
Ok This is for both of you

Ok This is for both of you folks, jenneywa as well as garster,  if you are not a tech, theres really no reason why you should be going into the service mode as thats only for adjustment of the set at setup or after a repair.  If somethings not working right, Im aqlmost 100 % sure that there is a problem within the set. I have seen sets where peeps have gone into the service mode and caused 150 to 250 bucks more in labor and parts damage.  I will only recommend to you all that you get the service manual for your set at  http://www.servicemanuals.net/  and the manual will explain how to do the service alighnments to the degree I hope you all understand.  If ther is a part where you come to and you do not understaan DO NOT experiment and put in a differant # just to see what will happen as you can mess up your set beyound repair or at leasrt not worth to repair.  Please be carefull and remember the safety nissues involved when repairing a set. Good Luck

jenneywa
larry i’m an electronic tech

larry i’m an electronic tech in the navy with over 20 years experience and all i’m looking for is the code to get into the convergence adjustments, i moved my tv and the guns have come out of alignment, i had the codes before but can’t find it, somewhere in a box that has not been unpacked yet. any help would be greatly appreciated

Larry Dillon
Im so sorry i dont have a

Im so sorry i dont have a manual for this set but In my thinking it would be good for you to have as the manual gives ya all the alighnments in order so you dont have to guess on alighnments .. Also if the set does need to be repaired your not shot gunning or shooting in the dark as to where circuits are. http://www.samsung.com/au/support/productsupport/download/index.aspx  this is samsungs web site. Good Luck

jo
red and blue convergence out

red and blue convergence out of wack will not move

Jar Head 94-06
hello all,

hello all,

my red and blue convergence are also out of wack.  i tried using the manual adjustment via remote and had no luck moving them what so ever.  any ideas how to fix this, other than the tempting whack on the side of the tv?  also anyone know why this would "just happen" as my 4 year old son claims and or how much it should/would cost to fix ?!?!?!?!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

RIZ
has anyone figured out how to

has anyone figured out how to fix this problem because i tried perfect focus it does not work, manual convergence does not seem to work or it will take me 3 days to do it and i also have a red line at the top that is bowing down? When i try to adjust manually i dont see any movement (degrees). GHOST IMAGE this sucks why is this such a pain in the ass!!!!!!!

Larry Dillon
Jarhead and RIZ, your problem

Jarhead and RIZ, your problem with both of your sets is the convergence IC's are bad.  You can replace the entire board  and here is the board information Part Number: BP95-00155A,  PCB-CONV MOD;P54A,  Stock Availability: Item usually ships in 5 business days, Price: $104.58.  Or you can replace the two IC's that are on that board.  You will need to know how to solder and unsolder and how to work on solid state printed circuit boards, and you may even need to do the convergence alighnment via the service menu.  If you go into the service menu you should have a manual, as you will need to go step by step.  A person could really mess up a set just by changing something in the menu and trying it.  good Luck, and let us know how you made out.

missingpieces
total newb to the forums here

total newb to the forums here Innocent

i had the same thing happen to my samsung hcl4715w....on christmas day no less Cry

red convergence is out...red line bowing down from the top!

i tried leaving it unplugged overnight to no avail...sometimes when i first turn it on its looks fine for about 30s to a minute the red bows out. possibly a loose solder connection? i havent tried the "bump" technique thoughWink

if i buy a new board is that a plug and play piece or is soldering required for it also? will the "prefect focus" feature converge everything or do i need to go through the service menus to do an alignment? 

thanks in advance!Cool

Larry Dillon
That is a hard call my friend

That is a hard call my friend.  I have seen some sets, where you replace a convergence board, and your at it for hours getting the convergence good.  I have also seen where next to none or very little has to be done.  I would highly recomend for you to get a service manual before attempting to do ANY alighnments or adjustments in a service menu.  Good Luck, and let us know how you make out with this repair.

missingpieces
i know a manual will answer

i know a manual will answer all these questions, but is the convergence board a piece that plugs in or is soldering required to install it?

thanks again

Larry Dillon
It simply plugs in my freind,

It simply plugs in my freind, sorry about the delay in answering.  I have been a bit busy.

missingpieces
no biggie

no biggie

thanks again

one last question...whats the part #?

im waiting on my manual....

Larry Dillon
I don't know my friend, the

I don't know my friend, the manual will tell you that.  If you need more assistance, you can send me a zipped copy of the manual and we can go from there.

missingpieces
ill check the manual...didnt

ill check the manual...didnt know if you might know...just trying to get it ordered Wink

thanks again

RIZ
I had the entire board

I had the entire board replaced  and here is the board information Part Number: BP95-00155A,  PCB-CONV MOD;P54A,  Stock Availability: Item usually ships in 5 business days, Price: $104.58.

You have to replace the board there is no other way. Trust me you do not want to get into replacing the two IC's that are bad on the board in your tv now, you have to sodder and prey you do it right, then by the time you put in the work and pay for the parts it will cost you about the same. You can do this yourself and save yourself about $300.00. If you have a professional tv repairman do this :  service trip fee($55.00 to drive to your house),
labor($185.00),
parts($147.73),
sales tax($31.02) total $418.75 (I got raped) but hey thats the price you got to pay if you want it done and done right, it only took about an hour and I was back in business. It sucks but its cheaper than a new tv.

Jar Head 94-06
o'cmon,

o'cmon,

ok, got my board in today and replaced it without any problems.  very easy.  however, it still doesnt work.  has a much better picture i will admit that.  but still the red line accross the top and the red and green convergence are WAAAAAAAY off.  any other ideas guys or should i break down and get a REAL repair man in here.  thanks for getting me this far

Larry Dillon
Of course they are off.  The

Of course they are off.  The set needs to be alighned. Did you not get the service manual and go through the convergence alighnment in the service menu.  Read the first post I answered to you sir.

Jar Head 94-06
ok ok, you got me.  i

ok ok, you got me.  i downloaded the service manual and will try to decipher.  im a computer guy and just wanted to believe the tech was plug and play.  i guess ill work a lil to save alot.  let you know.  thanks again

Jar Head 94-06
ok, gettin closer.  was able

ok, gettin closer.  was able to adjust the green and blue.  however the red overlay will not move one friggin inch.  not in covergence mode (mute 1-8-3)or in the tv mode.  anyone care to fathom a guess why i can now adjust the blue and green but not red?  still a step up from the old board.  couldnt adjust anything prior to swapping out the board.  sorry to drag this on guys

Larry Dillon
No problem Jar head. now is

No problem Jar head. now is the time to break out the manual.  Go and look what IC controls the red horizontal and vertical.  feel it carefully on the surface while the set is on.  is it as warm as the other chip?  Also i really hope you use new heat sink compound on the IC's before you installed them.  if the one IC is not as hot as the other, then you probably have an open feedback resistor in the circuit somewhere around the IC.  Also very carefully compare the B+ voltages on each IC.

Jar Head 94-06
Big problem Larry.  your

Big problem Larry.  your speaking greek to me!!!!!!!!!!  guess its time to call a tech.  thanks again for getting me this far.  good luck to others

Larry Dillon
If you do not understand what

If you do not understand what I am telling you then yes I am sorry you should call in a tech to assist you with this repair.  I specified that you would need a service manual and know about circuit board repairs.  good Luck to you and let us know how you made out.

TimR
Hey Guys

Hey Guys

When Changing a STK IC,  usually they take out Power Resistors and a pico fuse at the same time.   You can tell if the resistors are blown, cause they will look charred.   As for the Pico Fuse.   Its green and usually is sitting very close to the bad IC.   Change all of those, and you should be ok.

With regards to moving the green and blue,   One IC controls Red, and half the green, and the other IC controls the Blue and the other half of the green.  I am assuming you could move the green one way (up and down, or side to side).    Beware tho,  if you move the green to try to match the red (that you can't move)  you will likely not have a fun time realigning after the IC's are replaced.   I know that , cause i did it ....   Now my Perfect Focus says "No Sensor Data"

I have made myself a screen jig out of a bunch of transparancy paper... got the green as close as possible to what the service manual says,  and alligned my red and blue with it,   perfect focus still stops at 16% and reads "no sensor data".  Also,  my picture looks a bit squiggly... i am assuming its because the convergence isn't perfect (yet)

Does anyone know how to fix this, or what possibly caused it?  (besides me messin with the green convergence?)

Larry Dillon
The only way to touch up the

The only way to touch up the green convergence with most sets, is to use the magnets on the neck of the green CRT.  You should really, in my opinion, get a service manual and start from there. This will show you the correct way, as well as the correct procedure to adjust this set. Good luck, and Please keep us all informed of your progress with this repair.

Sam Sung
Hey guys,

Hey guys,

Same problems with convergence as already mentioned.  Downloaded Service Manual...I don't see the part numbers (BP95-00155A, PCB-Conv Mod, P54A) listed in the parts list. 

Are you sure they are the right part numbers?

TimR
if your ICs are on a sub

if your ICs are on a sub module, you can remove it and the part# will be on the board.   If your ICs are on the same board as the flyback,  i suggest you learn how to solder, and fix it yourself  ($40 total)

Sam Sung
purchased and installed BP95

purchased and installed BP95-00155a but still having convergence problems.  Also, part came with new plug but I don't see where it would be connected.  Too short to reach each individual sensor on the sides of the screen.  Any help??

Larry Dillon
wrong part my freind return

wrong part my freind return and get a new part.

SMS
I just start getting blu
I just start getting blu ghost image problem. I tried Auto focus it does not work, manual convergence does not seem to work either. Can anybody help me

Pages

Connect With Techlore