Big screen TV problem

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
andydrt
Big screen TV problem

I have a 46" GE TV(model #46GW945),that all of a sudden shut down and won't power up. When I plug it in I can hear a beeping noise coming from the back. Is it in some kind safety mode,and if it is, is there some kind of button or something that I can press to reset my TV.

Matt Whitlock
According to my sources, this

According to my sources, this is a high voltage problem likely caused by a failure in the flyback, generator, or deflection drivers. The beeping is probably coming from a protection circuit. It will need service if you want it to work again.

Given that the TV is almost 9 years old, the possibility of future failure is very likely. I'd replace the TV with something new.

Rogerb10
i have a 52 inch rca

i have a 52 inch rca with a scratch on top what could i get to fix it is a grey on top. thanks

SuperFixer
I have a 52' RCA projection

I have a 52' RCA projection color tv that will not show a picture, but the sound is ok. What could that be?

shepard
I PURCHASED A MITSUBISHI 55"

I PURCHASED A MITSUBISHI 55" HD REAR PROJECTION (WS55807)SCREEN TV 3 YEARS AGO. THE PAST 2 WEEKS WHEN WATCHING THE T/V ALL OF A SUDDEN THE SIDES AND BOTTOM POP OUT OF FOCUS. IF I TURN THE TV OFF AND THEN ON IT CORRECTS ITSELF BUT THEN DOES IT AGAIN AFTER A FEW MOMENTS. ANY IDEA WHAT THIS COULD BE.??

aja1955
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem with mine. The picture goes into a concave mode. Very annoying.

mode
ihave sam proplem with my

ihave sam proplem with my projction samsung 43" tv .no picture,but the sound is ok. what ican do to fix this proplem because i have alredy ching the defectiv flybak & the deflection drivers with 2 damejd resestans but no improvmet!!!!!!!! When I plug it in I can hear a beeping noise coming from the back.dose any one have this tv map?

Robert2
I have a 50" mitsubishi rear

I have a 50" mitsubishi rear projection that will not power up. I believe the power supply is shorted out. Any ideas of how to fix it or determine if this is the problem.

blondie31
I have a 52' RCA projection

I have a 52' RCA projection color tv that will not show a picture, but the sound is ok. What could that be?

I have the exact same problem as Superfixer. My 52" RCA home theater has sound, but no picture. Was on when I fell asleep watching it, but the picture was gone when I woke up. Would love any suggestions. I can't afford to call in a repairman. Please help!!! The Daytona 500 is only a couple of days away & I need to be able to watch it on my big screen.

HELP!!!!! It's been almost a month. Please, anyone w/ any ideas at all?

sadsusan
All of a sudden Mitsubishi

All of a sudden Mitsubishi VS55707 doesn't work at all, when I go to antenna A Air and try to memorize channels........IN BIG RED LETTERS says NOT IN MEMORY I don't even know where to begin, we hardly ever use it so I am cluless. Have gone through the book backwards and forward.........

HELP

ps2
mitsubishi big screen tv

mitsubishi big screen tv vs5043.    does not stay on , and has a line acrossed the screen.  Is it warth fixing?

detrwalker
my rca 52 inch projection tv

my rca 52 inch projection tv is having double viewing at edges and is blurred. what is this.

shifty
I have a 52 inch samsung. The

I have a 52 inch samsung. The other day was disconnecting vcr from unit. accidentally hit the picture perfect button on the remote and when the picture came back it is like it is doubled over. Like your seeing double on everything text and picture. Sound is perfect. Any suggestions? TV is three years old

Larry Dillon
If you would have left a

If you would have left a model number I could lead you to where you could get the board you need. The convergence driver board is going to have to be replaced. you should also pick up a service manual, as you will need to reset the perfect focus memory and possibly do some convergence alighnments. Go to http://www.samsungparts.com and enter your model number to locate the convergence board. If the board is still available, great but if it is not go to PTScorp.com and click on the technical help button and enter your model number and see if they have a convergence board for you. Or get their number from the site and call them. Good Luck and let us know how you make out with this repair.

leeworkman
HI MY BIG SCREEN IS MESSED UP

HI MY BIG SCREEN IS MESSED UP AND I WANT TO FIX IT MYSELF I TURN ON POWER BUTTON AND GREEN LIGHT COMES ON FOR A SECOND IT GOES OUT WITH A TICKING SOUND INSIDE WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AND HOW DO I FIX IT YOU CAN CALL ME ON CELL THANKS

LEE WORKMAN       THE TV IS A Mitsubishi Vs5043 PLEASE HELP

678-368-0686

Larry Dillon
Lee, stop shouting man!! Your

Lee, stop shouting man!! Your set is famous , yes very famous for bad capacitors in the min power supply as well as the sweep power supply. The only way to fix this would be for you to have an ESR capacitor checker and start checking the b plus capacitors on the different supplies, or to get a service manual and a multimeter and start checking what voltages are not where they are suppose to be. If you have no solid state repair experience, play it safe and call in a pro to assist you in this repair. Good Luck

honeybun
I have a 60 inch projection,

I have a 60 inch projection, I think its a 2001 model. We were just watching tv and it turned off. We checked and replugged it in and nothing happened. Do we need to have it serviced? Merry Christmas tv

diamondk
I have this beeping sound

I have this beeping sound coming from the back of my rca 52

Larry Dillon
ok I have a Sony 52" what

ok I have a Sony 52" what doesa everyone else have?

yvonne sawyer
could anyone help me i have a

could anyone help me i have a big screen tv and the color is going what should i do.

C-Dub
I have a WS-55807 55" big

I have a WS-55807 55" big screen tv, it has just yesterday started having a double picture, blue lines around figures on screen, and double letters and stuff on menu's and guides, how do i fix this or how much should this cost for a tv repair guy to fix?

Larry Dillon
This is a repair you can

This is a repair you can spend or save several hundred bucks if you repair it yourself!!!!!at least 400 to 350.00
The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

toycastic83
I have a 52 inch RCA T.V.

I have a 52 inch RCA T.V. that when I turn it on, it makes a sound like it's coming on but instead goes right back off. How can I fix this problem myself. The model is D52W20B

wen and derek
we have a rca 52 inch but

we have a rca 52 inch but when its on the picture is blurring a blue double line around the images i tried adjusting the color but no use what can i do?

SONY 65
MY SONY 65"TV POWER WILL NOT

MY SONY 65"TV POWER WILL NOT STAY ON, MODEL ''KDP65WS560. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IT COULD BE WRONG?

Sony 65 RP Man
I'm having the same problem.

I'm having the same problem. I turn on my 65" tv, I hear audio for 5 - 10 seconds, and it shuts off. I never see video before it turns off. Please let me know if you ever find out what is causing it to do this.

BTW - my model number is KDP65W S550.

kim heard
I have a rca 46" projection

I have a rca 46" projection tv is showing double or blured I'm
Imaging,how can I fix this.

evil
Click the link below and find

Click the link below and find your make/model there will be a repair kit for tv's that look 3d.

jeremytr
The problem you describe is

The problem you describe is similar to one I had two months ago. I remember that I consulted a tech  and he found a trouble on power supply board. You must check it.

ELane
We have a 2006 Sony 52" comes

We have a 2006 Sony 52" comes on no picture but has sound red standby light flashes and it goes back off again if you keep turning it back on it will finally come on and work perfect, what repair is needed and what will happen if we just leave it on and never turn it off?

Connect With Techlore