do not know v chip code for toshiba md13p1

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jessie
do not know v chip code for toshiba md13p1

Last christmas I bought my sister a tv/dvd combo which she never hooked up until today and now it is requesting a v-chip code. We never programmed one and have tried the generic ones like all 0, 1, 9, 1234. Any other suggestions?

Jeff Block
What brand? It's unlikely

What brand? It's unlikely anyone out here will be able to help you without it.

Jessie
DUH! It is a Toshiba 13" tv

DUH! It is a Toshiba 13" tv dvd combo model number MD13P1

Matt Whitlock
Jessie, Remove any DVD from

Jessie,

Remove any DVD from the tray, and make sure the tray is closed. Then while holding down stop on the front panel of the TV, press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD CLEAR" will appear on the screen. You are then free to enter a new password. You may have to do this procedure on a screen asking for the password.

Post back with your results.

Jessie
Thanks for the advice, I am

Thanks for the advice, I am sorry to say that it did not work, any other ideas? I tried it both ways with all the numbers on the remote.

Matt Whitlock
Jessie, the instructions in

Jessie, the instructions in your manual were not very clear. I would recommend you download a copy for yourself and look over the way they explained it. I just may not have translated it very well.

You can find your manual by clicking here. Just click on your model number to begin the download. The steps are located on page 40.

Jessie
Good news, Toshiba finally

Good news, Toshiba finally got back to me with the correct unlock pattern. FYI directly after turning on tv press down volume button on tv itself while holding down the number zero on the remote for about ten seconds. v-chip unlocked mommy happy to be able to watch something other than spongebob! take care all

Matt Whitlock
Jessie, I'm glad you were

Jessie,

I'm glad you were able to get your TV unlocked. I find it surprising that Toshiba printed an incorrect unlock procedure in the user manual.

Thank you for sharing this great information with the rest of the community. Now, when this happens to someone else, the information will be here for them to reference.

cantwatch
Im having the same problem..

Im having the same problem...but with a 1999 model! It's been in a child's bedroom for 6 years and now its in mine. I want to watch R rated movies if I want to!! But I cant. I dont remember the code and I cant use the procedure in the manual (after reading your discussion I pulled up the manual using my model number) But the instructions call for me to press the RECALL button on the original Toshiba remote, to reset to factory codes, which is long gone. My current remote has no RECALL button! Any suggestions!?

Matt Whitlock
cantwatch said:Im having the

cantwatch said:

Im having the same problem...but with a 1999 model! It's been in a child's bedroom for 6 years and now its in mine. I want to watch R rated movies if I want to!! But I cant. I dont remember the code and I cant use the procedure in the manual (after reading your discussion I pulled up the manual using my model number) But the instructions call for me to press the RECALL button on the original Toshiba remote, to reset to factory codes, which is long gone. My current remote has no RECALL button! Any suggestions!?

Did you try using Jessie's procedure that she got from Toshiba. It doesn't require that you have the original remote, and it just may work on your set as well.

Jessie
I agree with Matt... try my

I agree with Matt... try my procedure from September 5th... it worked for me when nothing else did so maybe you could be so lucky as well! Good luck.

mofo425
i am having the same problem

i am having the same problem with a toshiba and i have tried all that jessie went through but it won't budge.  the model # is MD14FN1(-P) from 2003

help pleasse?

TwoGoofballs
I got to this message board

I got to this message board via a Google search, I have a Toshiba TV/VCR combo model # MV13L3, and the parental controls were on and I didn't know the code, so I held down the volume button and pressed 0, and it worked, thanks so much for the help!

TwoGoofballs
I got to this message board

I got to this message board via a Google search, I have a Toshiba TV/VCR combo model # MV13L3, and the parental controls were on and I didn't know the code, so I held down the volume button and pressed 0, and it worked, thanks so much for the help!

bri1518
MY SISTER'S TV HAS A V-CHIP

MY SISTER'S TV HAS A V-CHIP LOCK BUT WE NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE, AND IM TRYING REAL HARD TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO UNLOCK IT. ITS A TOSHIBA BUT THATS ALL IT SAYS, THERE IS NO DVD ON IT. HELP?

bri1518
my sister's tv's v-chip is

my sister's tv's v-chip is locked but we have never seen this, i really need the pasword but nothing is working, i trired the volume and 0 but nothing? please help?

Connect With Techlore