Help - Sony Trinitron - Accidental Erase Channels

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
catnip
Help - Sony Trinitron - Accidental Erase Channels

How do I get add these channels back to the tv?

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
I can probably give you step

I can probably give you step by step instructions if you can provide the model number of the TV. Do you know what it is?

catnip
I know but I don't have the

I know but I don't have the remote anymore. And I probably need that right? Is there any way without the remote?

The model number is KV13TR20. Thanks.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
The KV13TR20 has the add

The KV13TR20 has the add/delete presets as hard keys on the front of the television, as well as a scan button. Press the scan button to scan all the available channels into memory. There are 2 scan keys, one for higher numbered channels, and one for lower. Experiment with both to see what happens.

Unfortunately, if this doesn't work and all presets are deleted, there is no way for you to select a channel to manually add it to memory without the remote. However, any universal remote with a numeric keypad will work on your TV. Sony codes are fairly standard.

The manual dictates that you need to press the display button on the remote control before you can begin adding or deleting channels. Seems like an odd rule, but it could make this much more difficult. You'll need to find a Sony remote control that has a display key (and that works with your TV), or a universal that has this function included.

There is a chance that you don't need to press display first. Click on add or erase on whatever channel is on screen. If you see the channel number flash with a + or - in front of it, then you do not need to press display first. Pick up a universal, manually select a channel number, and press "add"

If for some reason this is not an option, you could always use a cable box or VCR as your TV tuner. You'll have the remote, so scanning in channels will be a snap.

Let us know how it turns out by posting back with your results.

Maxjoy
Ok, I am having the same

Ok, I am having the same problem. I accidentally deleted my channel 3. I know of all channels to delete it had to be that one. Now I am in a major spot cause I can't get anything to work...no vcr means no menu screen to work from, no dvd...nada nothing.

I need some help. I have no scan buttons on my Sony Trinitron. I bought it second hand so no manual or original remote either. The universal remote I have doesn't work with the TV. I have been running everything through the vcr. So can you tell me what to do now? How do I fix this? Any suggestions would be a great help as I am at a total loss.

I have tried to readd the channel for 2 hours now...giving up and going to bed. Praying someone out there can help me figure this out!

Larry Dillon
Max, Whats the model number

Max, Whats the model number my freind, My ball,is in the shop!  LOL

Maxjoy
Oh, sorry I didn't add that

Oh, sorry I didn't add that info...but no worries I have fixed the problem. I tried what Matt posted before me and it worked. Thanks for the offer to help but I am all up and running again.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Maxjoy

Taylorrayneashley
i have a universal remote to

i have a universal remote to a Sony Trinitron WEGA KV-40XBR800 and i cant get the memory stick port to work because i dont have the picture button, how do i get to that??

amitabh15
same problem , how do i add

same problem , how do i add channels without the sony remote in KV-2781R.

thanks
tim

Evelina
Hi! Can anyone tell how to

Hi! Can anyone tell how to scan channels on Sony Trinitron KV-14M1E. The original remote control doesn't exist anymore. Thanks

Riva
I did the same thing, erased

I did the same thing, erased channels. I have a Sony Trinitron KV-1393R. I do not have the original remote. I have a universal one that will turn the set on and off, work volume and move channels up and down. Regretfully I can't press a channel and ok. I have to us the up down keys. Anyway, is there a way to get the presets back on this set?

Thanks

Josh123
I need help I'm trying to add

I need help I'm trying to add channels on my Sony trinitron kv-2780R my son deleted them lol anyone out there to help

KV2783R
i accidentally erased my

i accidentally erased my channels and now i only get one channel. how will i get those channels back. i don't see a scan button on the tv either. there is only add button. the model that i have is KV 2783R

Deot
I have a Sony Trinitron model

I have a Sony Trinitron model number KV-27HFR I brought a Phillips set top box passive antenna. It claims to pick up anything thats out there digital or not VHF or UHF. Ive plugged it in but cant get the TV to tune into any channels. Is there a scan for channels or search channels option. I have a remote control, but I dont think its the original. It has a menu button but this does nothing when I press it. Please help. Thanks

hopeless
Hello,
Hello, can someone please help me? I have an OLD Sony Trinatron, model KV-20M20. I read the posts here for other models describing the hidden menu button on the TV itself. I still have the original remote, but it seems to be bent, and not sending a signal to the TV.  Sadly the TV got knocked accidentally and is no longer on channel 3 (so that I can use my PVR, DVD, Wii, etc). Any suggestions on how to get it back to channel 3 with a non-funtional remote and no clue where the Menu button is?   thank you so much, you guys are awesome for anwering these tech questions!!

Connect With Techlore