how do i fix my casset compartment on my camcorder

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
MexicanKid13
how do i fix my casset compartment on my camcorder

i cant seem to close my casset compartment after opening it

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
What kind of camcorder is it

What kind of camcorder is it (HI-8, 8mm, VHS-C, etc.)? And what kind of tape are you trying to put in it.

If you're not sure what kind of camcorder, please provide the make and model number, as well as the type of tape you're trying to insert.

This thread has been moved to the camcorders section. When posting in the future, please try to post in the appropriate place.

MexicanKid13
Well Matt my brand is Sony

Well Matt my brand is Sony and its a model
ccd-trv87 and it is handy cam vision and in the booklet it says push were it says push and I pushed it and it doesnt close it also says it will automatically go down and shut but i dosnt

If you have the answer please reply to my message I hope you can find out what the problem is

Ron Repking (not verified)
Does anything happen when you

Does anything happen when you press the button? A noise or anything? Have you tried pushing the button with the camcorder plugged into an AC outlet in the wall?

Mai
I have the same problem, it

I have the same problem, it has a noise and the screen says still. Same model CCD TRV87....

Mai
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with CCD TRV87 - Sony. The compartment for the tape will not close and the sceen says still. What can I do?

dans_repair_service
If the unit won't close, than

If the unit won't close, than there is a misalignment of the main carriage assembly. These are not the easiest to work on if you have not done one before. I would not suggest you attempt this. A typical repair would cost arounf $150 for labor. It is possible that this won't require parts. Request an estimate that shouldn't cost you more than about $50.

Keep us posted.

Dan

Connect With Techlore