Pioneer XR-P670F 25 disc cd player says locked

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
mustangrlh
Pioneer XR-P670F 25 disc cd player says locked

The darn thing wont open up or play cd's at all. It just makes a faint humming noise and shows "lock" on the display. The tuner cassette player and auxilary all work but I can't get my cd's outor play them. Any advice on how to get them out would be appreciated.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
How are the CDs loaded in

How are the CDs loaded in this particular CD player?

mustangrlh
Vertically, from one side of

Vertically, from one side of the player to the other.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
It could be as simple as a

It could be as simple as a mechanical failure. Perhaps when it was loading a CD it jammed somehow, which does tend to happen with vertical changers. I would first unlplug the unit and remove the lid of the player. Take out all CDs from the unit. Make sure you look for any that may have jammed up in the loading mech. Keep the lid off of the player and plug it back in. Power up the unit and see if it still says "lock". If no, load a CD or 2 and try to get the player to read them. Observe the mechanical aspects of the player for anything that would be considered unusual, like nothing moving. Look for belts and gears that may be stuck, loose, or broken.

If you see a mechanical problem, or it still doesn't work, I would call it quits and buy a new player. You can pick up a multi-disc changer for next to nothing these days. If removing the CDs fixes a jam, then you'll be good to go. Return the lid and enjoy.

Let us know what happens.

technicallytragic
That advice was great. I have

That advice was great. I have a Pioneer xrp670f and lost the manual. Can someone tell me where the speaker wires attach to and how to hook up the antenna? Thank you. I believe the system works. I just can't remember how to set it up. Merry Christmas.

technicallytragic
Dear Electronic Wizards, I

Dear Electronic Wizards, I have an old Pioneer XRP670f cassette/cd player and don't know how to connect the speaker wires or antenna. Can someone help me? I would really appreciate this. TechnicallyTragic

jacky desu
I HAVE A Pioneer xrp670f BUT

I HAVE A Pioneer xrp670f BUT MY SIS DIDNT KNOW THAT IT WAS 110 VOLT POWER INPUT, OF COURSE THE FUSE WAS BURNED. BUT WHEN I CHANGED THE FUSE AND TURN THE POWER "ON" IT WORKS WELL BUT WHEN I PRESS SOMETHING ON ANY KEYS IT AUTOMATICALLY SHUTS DOWN. ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS???

Taskmaster
jacky desu said: I HAVE A

jacky desu said: I HAVE A Pioneer xrp670f BUT MY SIS DIDNT KNOW THAT IT WAS 110 VOLT POWER INPUT, OF COURSE THE FUSE WAS BURNED. BUT WHEN I CHANGED THE FUSE AND TURN THE POWER "ON" IT WORKS WELL BUT WHEN I PRESS SOMETHING ON ANY KEYS IT AUTOMATICALLY SHUTS DOWN. ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS???

Have you tried to go to Pioneers website for a PDF manual? I know that I have gotten others from them in the past. I know its not much help but maybe, just maybe it will help you. Good luck!

Mka
Tenho um Pionner XR- P670F 25

Tenho um Pionner XR- P670F 25 cds, com manual e nota fiscal da compra.
Raridade...

mariont
I can't control my volume. it

I can't control my volume. it's either loud or none. HELP

Connect With Techlore