content and wacky expert incentives

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
bealea
content and wacky expert incentives

A short audio interview of the featured member doing his/her version of desert island gadgets would be interesting.

bealea
I believe that you could

I believe that you could attract some experts via reviewer program allowing the experts at a chance to review new gadgets for a a few days or a week.

The TechLore Team
beale - first of all, the

beale - first of all, the sheer costs of sending the featured member to a desert island would outweigh any benefits of the outfitting him/her with gadgets!

But seriously, there are plans to further highlight the Featured Member - and a list of must-have gadgets is a great idea. Of course this would be so much more compelling if we could show pictures of the gadgets themselves (and the island too!). But you may have noticed that there isn't exactly an abundance of images on this site. We are making improvements to the entire platform so that many more pics/images will be available and really spice up the experience.

bealea
I noticed that the public can

I noticed that the public can't view the questions submitted to the ask the expert section. It would be cool to have a merit based means of earned expert status. If folks could browse the questions and submit answers to a peer-review panel, You may get some more questions answered and build the expert pool.

I think that understanding the questions folks have is an intimate view of users relate and fail to relate with their gadgets.

bealea
I also think Techlore should

I also think Techlore should pod cast some reviews

bealea
One navel gazing segment

One navel gazing segment could be on simplifying the entertainment center setup. Or explaining to guests how to change the channel on your "TV"

bealea
If you could get someone who

If you could get someone who takes frequent trips to China, Japan, Sinapore, or South Korea to join Techlore, then you could have them write a column of the new consumer gadgets and fads in the gadget nirvana of the Orient

The TechLore Team
bealea, lets try to knock all

bealea, lets try to knock all these out in one shot (although in the future, separate threads for each suggestion would make it easier:-)

- Ask the Experts: in our next release, we will be making it much easier to post questions as well as see the responses. Your suggestion about letting the community at large have a shot at answering them is where we want to go. In the meantime, we hope the forums provide the best alternative for community discussion.

- Podcasting: we would like to hear more from the community about this particular feature. Can you repost that as a new thread so that others can find it easier and respond? Our experience is that podcasting is catching on because its fairly easy to do but that has led to many amatuers wasting a lot of people's time with useless drivel. The audio format itself has limitations. You should know that we do plan to extend the features of the community to embrace more multi-media options in the future.

Far East Gadgets: this is a great idea. If anyone else reads the CE mags from overseas then you no doubt share our frustration that we don't even get to have some of the coolest stuff out there. We have run across a company that imports and translates many gadgets from Pacific Rim. There is a "concept store" in Chicago called Escape that sells these, if you happen to be in the area.

Connect With Techlore