Change my screen name?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jacefrey
Change my screen name?

Is there a place on the site where I can change my screen name?

The TechLore Team
Good catch. There actually

Good catch. There actually is a technical reason why this is not yet enabled - noticed we said "yet". We will be adding this to the Profile page under MY ACCOUNT soon.

But now that you bring it up, we are interested in what the community thinks about giving Members the ability to effectively change his/her identity? Since TechLore uses Display Name to uniquely identify Members (emails are required to login in but are kept private), it would be possible for someone to drop one alias and pick up another, leaving behind a potentially bad reputation. Is this acceptable?

jacefrey
I'd be surprised if the

I'd be surprised if the reputation would be thrown that quickly, especially if all of my articles/postings would be changed to reflect the name change.

It sounds like maybe the triple-attribute identity might work best here? Have a login that is unique, an e-mail address that can change, and a display name that can change.

The TechLore Team
In general, we are fans of

In general, we are fans of all things "triple" including the Lindy. But asking Members to remember a third piece of information might be a little much.

With respect to the "Name-Change Operation" you are correct that all content would be immediately updated to reflect the new Display Name but for Members/Visitors who come to know and possibly track contributions by the Author, it could be somewhat disorienting.

However, we have reviewed the implications of changing the Display Name and will likely enable that at some point in the future.

Thanks for you input.

Connect With Techlore